Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Terrible: Wallenpaupack Sport Shop and Northeast Firearms

Quote Originally Posted by LifeInPa View Post
    That's doesn't shock me in the least bit, a female member got mistreated by these people too.
    Yeah, those guys are scumbags. Fuck that store. I don't care what kind of deals they have, Id rather pay more at Gun Toters or Advanced Arms, because they know how to treat people.

(Wayne County)

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    I don't care what kind of deals they have, Id rather pay more at Gun Toters or Advanced Arms, because they know how to treat people.
    You will not pay more at Advanced, in fact that Glock 42 MD2 mentions is $29 cheaper at Advanced.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by MARINE DIVISION TWO View Post
    I can only speak for myself and observations while in the store and see nothing but respect to the customers and a willingness to make the sale buying or selling,That said I have seen attitudes before and posted accordingley,Now Today took a ride with my sons SUV to the store and ammo available and not at exorbitant prices like J&G of Dunmore,I walked out today with a New Ruger 10-22 walnut stock for $249,OTD,they even had 22 ammo which I dont need,Have a buch of bricks I bought in Florida they were out of Ruger MK IIIs and Browning Buckmarks but he will call when they arrive. The ones posted in classifieds are a bit rich for my taste.Hello to all my Buddies out there,I am doing very well and ready for the olympics.
    Sorry for this late response but I have been busy transitioning to a new job over the last month so I haven't had much free time for posting but here goes. I respect that you feel differently but I really dislike the business for the reasons I stated years ago and a few people since then have agreed with me. As I started this thread I feel it's only right to remind people who may read this thread that your experiences with the mentioned business may vary. You're welcome to post your positive experiences here but I will keep reminding people of the issues I and others have had.

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Yeah, those guys are scumbags. Fuck that store. I don't care what kind of deals they have, Id rather pay more at Gun Toters or Advanced Arms, because they know how to treat people.
    I agree except with the comments on Advanced Arms, I find they have the best pricing of any brick/mortar store in this region of Pa.
    Last edited by LifeInPa; March 7th, 2014 at 12:21 AM.
    Sanity, yours if you can keep it.....

Smile Re: Terrible: Wallenpaupack Sport Shop and Northeast Firearms

I agree that all our opinions are a valuable tool in assesing where our moneys can be best spent & treated respectably,this is one of the great things about PAFOA,All opinions are treated honorably and left for the individuals final opinion.The store that I frequent only gets kudos when I have been in their most recently and if I was ever subjected to the treatment others experienced that would be my last visit.I am in no way friends or have monetary interest in this store and give fair assesment of that visit..................I have yet to get to Advanced Arms,I hear good things and need to get the time to visit. Just a sore point of mine of late An LGS that charges $100 per brick of 22 ammo is like bernie madoff in my book I doubt the lgs is only making his 20% over what he paid and that business will suffer thru loss of customers real fast and go the way of many defunct gun stores out of business. Other store I patronize also that are worthy of our hard earned money are Hemlock Farms,Gun Toters,Loose Cannon,Northeastern Arms,Boyers,Piestraks,Smittys .

(Pike County)

I can agree with that, do yourself a favor and check out Advanced Arms.

(Pike County)

Just an update, I took a day off the Friday before last and hit up Hemlock Gun Shop along with Hunters Gallery. Both shops were easy to find and I enjoyed the ride out that way. Hemlock Gun Shop had an excellent selection of older and newer firearms, he had some ammo but that wasn't this shops strong suit IMO. I was especially eyeballing their SMLE Lee-Enfields for $320, the guy seemed decent enough to answer my questions. I will return to them in the future.

Afterwards I hit up Hunters Gallery, I can't believe I missed out on this place for years. Great selection of firearms and ammo, they 5.56 ammo is comparable to what I have found online. I only talked to one person briefly but the place seems nice.

Thanks for the suggestions I will be visiting these places more regularly.

My favorite store in the area is Heberlings. The owner is a really nice guy. Prices are always good and he is never out to screw you. I traded in a rifle and he gave me more money than I was going to try to sell it for. He also gave me a good deal on the Weatherby rifle I bought off of him. I picked up almost all of my reloading dies from there and he is my go to store for primers and powder.

At the peak of the crazy I bought 1000 small pistol primers from Heberlings for around $35. The same day I stopped in a Northeastern Firearms just to see what they had. He was screwing you for $70 a box for the same primers since "That's what they are getting on Gunbroker". I will never set foot in that store again.
    Any vote for a third party is a vote for a Democrat. You are the enemy.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910