Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default TGI Fridays-Bethlehem

This was not my first trip to this location. I was approached by the manager about 20 minutes after sitting and was asked if I had any ID to show him that I was a LEO because of my sidearm. I told him I could not. He said I was not allowed to have it in there. I asked why and he said it was company policy. He said that he was in the Marines for ten years and firmly believed that everyone should carry but it was company policy that he must abide by. Somewhere in there he mentioned about putting it in the car. I asked him, to be sure, that he wanted me to put it in my vehicle. He affirmed that was what he wanted me to do. He did also mention that there was no complaints, just that he saw it. So, I pissed the family off by telling them that we were leaving. When the employee came by tell us that our appetizer was about ready, I told him to cancel the order because we were leaving.

I have emailed the company, about the "policy", to find out if this is true.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

Default Re: TGI Fridays-Bethlehem

Typical encounter. I'm glad everything turned out the way it did, aside from the Marine wanting you to put your sidearm in the vehicle.

Would love to hear from them about their policy.

(Tioga County)

A search on the web reveals your case is not unique.

I have OC'd in Friday's at the King of Prussia Mall in the past, I won't go there again.
    MikeP

(Centre County)

Please keep us in the loop as you procede. Texas Roadhouse had no set policy until challenged. It went in our favor.

(Northampton County)

Is it the tgi in beth twp on freemansburg ave?I have oc there a bunch of times and no problem.Even had the manager come over to my table for a chat.We were going there tonight.

(Delaware County)

Good on you for being polite but firm, and sticking to your guns, both figuratively and literally. Where did you end up going to eat with the family, then?
    Junior

This is the only solution that will have an effect. Go spend your money elsewhere, and that goes for CC'ers too. IF TGIF's doesn't support the 2A then let the sheep keep them in business I won't.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by akapjr View Post
    Is it the tgi in beth twp on freemansburg ave?I have oc there a bunch of times and no problem.Even had the manager come over to my table for a chat.We were going there tonight.
    That is the one. At first I thought he was coming around to chat. But, right away with the LEO thing. I do have to say that I'm glad he did not hide behind the customer complaint. Leaves me with respect for his honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Good on you for being polite but firm, and sticking to your guns, both figuratively and literally. Where did you end up going to eat with the family, then?
    We went home. By the time we left it was already after 8:30 and the girls had school in the morning. Besides, today is the younger one's birthday. We will go elsewhere tonight. Probably to Allentown to Bucca De Beppo. Been there several times with strong side out and not a word. Besides, I like the food there better.
    Last edited by shooter357; September 23rd, 2011 at 12:49 PM.
    ““Liberty is the right to choose. Freedom is the result of the right choice.””

-Anonymous

Jeff

TGIF does have a known "no gun" policy, although some of their restaurants have signs that say "no concealed weapons".

Quote Originally Posted by ProShooter View Post
    TGIF does have a known "no gun" policy, although some of their restaurants have signs that say "no concealed weapons".

Someone wrote to TGIF regarding their guns policy and this was the response:

Dear ******:

Thank you for your inquiry and comments regarding firearms in our establishments. Yes, it is a corporate policy across all of our restaurants to prohibit firearms in our establishments. We feel this is the safest policy for our guests and our team members, and we’re uncomfortable having firearms present where alcohol is served. I appreciate your feedback and hope you’ll understand our position on this issue.

If you have any additional questions or concerns, you may contact Guest Relations at 1-800-FRiDAYS (1-800-374-3297).

Kind regards.

April
    Guest Relations
    Friday's food always gave me the shits anyway, so I guess they are doing me the favor of not wanting my buisness....
    Hold the Line...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast