Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Berks County)

Default Looking to join a local club

Hi all,

I'm looking for a gun club that allows drawing from a holster, "rapid fire", shooting on the move, etc etc. My current club allows all of this and it's a great facility but I'd like to belong to a second club that is closer to home. Any suggestions?

(Berks County)

Default Re: Looking to join a local club

I sent an email to Topton a few days ago inquiring about this type of shooting. I received an email back that they would have to speak with the person in charge of the pistol ranges.

if I don't hear back by Sunday, I'll ask at the club (meeting a member heavily involved with the pistol range) and will get back to you. It isn't exactly close to Reading but with all of the USPSA shooting they do, I would imagine they would have more lenient rules than some of the other clubs (I could be wrong though). If drawing from a holster and shooting on the move is permitted, I'm going to submit an application for membership.

(Berks County)

I spent some time at Topton yesterday and was able to get my questions answered. Members are permitted to draw from a holster, shoot on the move, and setup an array of targets along the berms.

It would seem as though now is the time to join, if anyone is interested. Currently new membership is $50 (dues plus initiation fee) but will be going up to $75.00 on January 1, 2012. The application says that new members are subject to a 2 month approval process.

I've got my application filled out and ready to be mailed in. I hope the 2 months is a worst case scenario and not typical. I really like the club and hope to start shooting there before it gets too cold.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by wwhite72082 View Post
    I spent some time at Topton yesterday and was able to get my questions answered. Members are permitted to draw from a holster, shoot on the move, and setup an array of targets along the berms.

It would seem as though now is the time to join, if anyone is interested. Currently new membership is $50 (dues plus initiation fee) but will be going up to $75.00 on January 1, 2012. The application says that new members are subject to a 2 month approval process.

I've got my application filled out and ready to be mailed in. I hope the 2 months is a worst case scenario and not typical. I really like the club and hope to start shooting there before it gets too cold.
    Thanks for the info. I've shot a lot of USPSA and 3 gun at Topton and I like the facilities.

(Berks County)

I am a member of topton and love the range , you would be smart to join there. I am glad walt is becoming a member because then he and I can go shooting together up there when not meeting at matches. If you are a USPSA shooter and live in berks it really is the only sane option. And PM me I love to meet other "hard core" shooters I am more on the "for fun" side instead of being a tactical god like some of the guys here