Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Lehigh County LTCF question

Quote Originally Posted by zackattack784 View Post
    Wow, that's very quick for Lehigh County. Congrats!
    Thanks I applied on 9/21 and it was approved & issued on 9/27. The woman who took down my info even told me to expect it in the mail in "30 to 45 days" so I was pleasantly surprised.

FWIW, they did NOT check up with either of my references, for those of you who are worried about not knowing anyone in Lehigh County.

The "Old" (and etched in stone "Lehigh County Courthouse") is directly across from the actual present day courthouse which opened in the 1960's. The old one is on the National Register of Historic Places and thus, will be standing for quite some time. They still use the 2 old court rooms there, the Magistrate is in the basement and the Coroner is on the first floor. Most of the old office spaces are vacant. 90 percent of court business is done at the 455 W. Hamilton courthouse.

The Sheriff's Office is on the second floor, Room 253.

In May of this year the state made LTC permits standard across the state. The card is paper which is then laminated. They are now the same for each county. There was too much grumbling about the paper/plastic option, what the card said on the back, etc., etc. so it was rectified. Unfortunately the new cards are shitty compared to what was issued previously but you get what you ask for sometimes.

The fee is $20.00 which was also standardized statewide (or supposed to be). There were numerous complaints about the cost being too high, and in some cases griping that Allegheny County only charged a nominal $2.00 fee for retired law enforcement officers.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    The "Old" (and etched in stone "Lehigh County Courthouse") is directly across from the actual present day courthouse which opened in the 1960's. The old one is on the National Register of Historic Places and thus, will be standing for quite some time. They still use the 2 old court rooms there, the Magistrate is in the basement and the Coroner is on the first floor. Most of the old office spaces are vacant. 90 percent of court business is done at the 455 W. Hamilton courthouse.

The Sheriff's Office is on the second floor, Room 253.

In May of this year the state made LTC permits standard across the state. The card is paper which is then laminated. They are now the same for each county. There was too much grumbling about the paper/plastic option, what the card said on the back, etc., etc. so it was rectified. Unfortunately the new cards are shitty compared to what was issued previously but you get what you ask for sometimes.

The fee is $20.00 which was also standardized statewide (or supposed to be). There were numerous complaints about the cost being too high, and in some cases griping that Allegheny County only charged a nominal $2.00 fee for retired law enforcement officers.
    Licenses were suppossed to be uniform by law over more than the last five years, not since just May. All those different forms of licenses being issued were done so in blatant ignorance of that uniformity provision. Not only that, but the excess fees (not authorized under law, by the way) being charged were far above and beyond the actual costs to issue them, hence some of the outcry aside from just the fact they weren't authorized.

Oh, and some of the outrage over the Allegheny County fee for retired law enforcement was because they weren't even charging enough to pay the mandated state fees for each license, forcing everyone else to pay a greater share of the modernization program those fees were intended for.

The licenses were "made" uniform by State law back prior to 2005; it was only in May that the Pennsylvania Sheriffs' Association started working to get each county unifrom both on the form of license and the fee charged.

None of what you said is incorrect IronSight.

According to the Allegheny Sheriff's website, retired LEOs still get a break:

RETIRED LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS PERMITS - $6.00

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywuzzy View Post
    None of what you said is incorrect IronSight.
    Reading my post again it comes across a bit ... oh ... antagonistic, for lack of a better word.

I just want you to know it wasn't intended that way, I mainly wanted to add to your post rather than come across as if I was lecturing.

Rep sent your way.

(Lehigh County)

The incorrect recording announcing $38 for a the laminated card was taken down

(Lehigh County)

applied 12-15-2011, cost was $20..they took my picture as well. they said i should receive it in about 30 days in the mail..

Update: got it today..1-5-2012 that was faster then i thought it would be..considoring going through the holidays.. nice laminated id card to boot..
    Last edited by wildsofpa; January 5th, 2012 at 04:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123