Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Question Rail scope mount question

Looking through my safe while thinking about various things I want to do this year got me thinking about some upgrades. The major one would be putting Picatinny rails on all my (non AR) rifles to be able to swap scopes at will. One question comes to mind as I shop for these: what's the difference between a 20 MOA rail and a 0 MOA rail, and how does it affect what I put them on?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Centre County)

Default Re: Rail scope mount question

a 20 moa rail has 20 moa of angle built into it to compensate for scopes that don't have enough elevation adjusment built in to get to the desired range.

A 0 moa rail is flat.

Some people run out of elevation adjustment in their scopes that won't allow them to adjust to longer ranges. But most dedicated long range rifle scopes don't have that problem. Of the four I have, all four can get me to 1000 yards and beyond on a 0 moa rail.

If you're not shooting long range you don't need the 20 moa rail. If you are, you still might not need a 20 moa rail.

(Allegheny County)

Lightbulb Re: Rail scope mount question

ARMS #19 mount is your friend!

I have my NVS mounted to one of these, so that I can bolt it to ANY of my rifles.