Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hypocracy?

Cool Hypocracy?

Why is it that any establishment that in any way restricts the carry of firearms gets torn to shreds here , put on the shit-list , with calls for boycotts and protests.

How come cops have no legal ground to take your weapon and unload it during a stop of any kind.

Yet gunshows , where ya have to wait in line , pay $7-10 , get asked if you are carrying , if you are , leave it in your vehicle , or else THEIR doorman (not YOU) needs to check/unload and zip-tie it , get free weekly advertising. And that's OK?
    Last edited by abner13; September 17th, 2011 at 03:37 PM.
    I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Hypocracy?

Quote Originally Posted by abner13 View Post
    Why is it that any establishment that in any way restricts the carry of firearms gets torn to shreds here , put on the shit-list , with calls for boycotts and protests.

How come cops have no legal ground to take your weapon and unload it during a stop of any kind.

Yet gunshows , where ya have to wait in line , pay $7-10 , get asked if you are carrying , if you are , leave it in your vehicle , or else they need to check/unload and zip-tie it , get free weekly advertising. And that's OK?
    Just because that's why.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

This could get interesting ...

(Northampton County)

Yet gunshows , where ya have to wait in line , pay $7-10 , get asked if you are carrying , if you are , leave it in your vehicle , or else they need to check/unload and zip-tie it , get free weekly advertising. And that's OK?
    It's a good question. I think most people will say it's because of their insurance requirements. Which still sounds like hypocracy to me - We like these people, so we accept their reasons.

I've never been asked if I was carrying at any gun show. I have been asked if I had "any guns to check" at a few different shows. Usually I'm not asked anything at all.

Edit - Also, if a restaurant or grocery store or gas station chain prohibits firearms then you can take your business elsewhere. When it comes to gun shows, malls, and post offices, you can't take your business elsewhere - you have to decide to never go to another one again, because they all have the same rules (except maybe some malls nowadays). So it would take stronger conviction to make that decision in these cases.
    Last edited by ungawa; September 17th, 2011 at 03:29 PM.

(Indiana County)

Because that's the right thing to do.

Because our courts have given them a free pass to do so in the name of officer safety. Also, because when it's done the victim doesn't file a private criminal complaint against the officer for official oppression.

Gun shows are generally private venues and can dictate their own rules. Of course, you can either choose not to visit such a venue or you could resort to the first option stated above.

(Montgomery County)

At gun shows, it's optional. When you go to a gun show and disarm yourself that's a personal choice.

When Police interrupt your life it's not optional. They decide to disarm you. Legally speaking, unless you're being arrested you do not have to comply with any of their demands except to stop your motor vehicle. As far as I know.

That's the difference.

Being armed is an essential right. Being disarmed should only be done willingly.

To be honest. I've never disarmed for a gun-show.

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    At gun shows, it's optional. When you go to a gun show and disarm yourself that's a personal choice.

When Police interrupt your life it's not optional. They decide to disarm you. Legally speaking, unless you're being arrested you do not have to comply with any of their demands except to stop your motor vehicle. As far as I know.

That's the difference.

Being armed is an essential right. Being disarmed should only be done willingly.

To be honest. I've never disarmed for a gun-show.
    At Valley Forge , and most other gunshows , the guy at the table asks everyone going in if you are carrying , and if you answer yes , HE must unload and zip-tie your gun.

At Oaks , they had a cop doing it into a drum.

I carry concealed , and just ignore them.

But for you open-carry types , ya got no choice.

(Northampton County)

Actually, I have several choices. I can choose to carry concealed and just ignore them. Or, at most shows I am familiar with, I can choose to open carry and just ignore them.

Not saying I do any of that myself.

(Montgomery County)

At Valley Forge , and most other gunshows , the guy at the table asks everyone going in if you are carrying , and if you answer yes , HE must unload and zip-tie your gun.

At Oaks , they had a cop doing it into a drum.

You do have a choice. Don't go.

Why is that not making a choice?

Besides.... Concealed is Concealed as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying that's what I do/Have done/will do, but it's a definite choice. Even for OC'ers.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Actually, I have several choices. I can choose to carry concealed and just ignore them. Or, at most shows I am familiar with, I can choose to open carry and just ignore them.

Not saying I do any of that myself.
    I'd rep ya if it let me.

But if a restaurant or any other public place puts any of the same conditions out , put it in car , or at least cover up , they get dumped on here. Like the Copperhead Grille. They are in fact doing the same thing any gunshow does.
    Last edited by abner13; September 17th, 2011 at 04:04 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast