Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: 870 Express Tactical for Hunting

i have an 870 Marine Mag with an 18" bbl for HD. I bought a new 28" express vent rib bbl from midway usa with a mod choke for about $160 for it to shoot trap with. i will soon get an extended rifled choke ~$50 new and some winchester dual bond sabot slugs for deer hunting, although i took a deer last year with the 18" bbl and a 3" 1oz remington slugger foster type slug.

basically 870s are like Legos. you can swap parts for any application you can think of with one gun.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: 870 Express Tactical for Hunting

Quote Originally Posted by MMH View Post
    The express tactical I'm looking at has has the ghost ring sight on the rear & a front sight that is the size & shape of a rifle sight, not just a bead. I would be able to remove the rear ghost, but, would this front sight be too big to look over while hunting small game?
    I checked one out at the store today. The front bead & ghost ring rear would FORCE you to cheack up consistently. Maybe at the expense of quick target acqusition, but have to believe that shooting clays w/ a ghost ring then going back to a vent rib would improve your hitting ratio.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12