Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Chester County)

Default Re: new hunter...need some help

Quote Originally Posted by *Klutch* View Post
    So it looks like for starting I'll be in 5C, where do I go for the doe tags?
    At this point in the year, you can get remaining antlerless tags "Over the counter" for any WMU at any County Courthouse. Just go to the County Treasurer's office. It doesn't have to be the Courthouse in the area you want to hunt, just tell them the WMU you want the tag for. As of right this second, it looks like they have 44,415 tags remaining for 5C. ( https://www2.pa.wildlifelicense.com/deeravail.php )

(Northampton County)

On this subject, does anybody know when they made the hunter safety course mandatory? I'm taking it (old guy hunting for first time) now online, with the class thing in early Sept. Nobody I know took this....even those who only have been hunting a few years. I think I may be the oldest person in the class....we'll see.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikem132 View Post
    On this subject, does anybody know when they made the hunter safety course mandatory? I'm taking it (old guy hunting for first time) now online, with the class thing in early Sept. Nobody I know took this....even those who only have been hunting a few years. I think I may be the oldest person in the class....we'll see.
    I took mine in 2001 when I was 12, I'm not sure when they made it mandatory but I believe that my mother took it shortly after my parents got married in the early 80's. I also wouldn't worry about being the oldest person there, my father sat through the classes with me when I took the course but didn't sit through the actual exam. I sat through the course when my Fiance took it last September. I didnt retake the exam but it was a good refresher none the less.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12