Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default new to forum and OCing, would like to OC with someone first to see how it is

like the title said, lol, a bit nervous about doing it, would like to OC with someone who has done it for a while, i live in the york/dover area and was lookin for people around here that OC

(Washington County)

Default Re: new to forum and OCing, would like to OC with someone first to see how it is

Nothing to be nervous about as long as you have read all the sticky threads and are confident in your knowledge.

With that said, if you really want to OC, start out small and work your way up. I know I was a little nervous at first, and the first time I OC'd was to go pick up a pizza. Now I don't leave my front door without my XD 9mm at my side. Confidence is everything, both in knowledge of handling firearms and in the laws pertaining to firearms.

(York County)

Default Re: new to forum and OCing, would like to OC with someone first to see how it is

Here is the perfect opportunity right in York county...

http://forum.pafoa.org/general-114/1...pt-17-7pm.html

Find out all you need to know and have dinner too. If you want to do anything extra, I OC everywhere, all the time. I work nights, but I'm usually off Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Send me a PM.

Make sure you acquaint yourself with the "stickies" in the OC forum. Much good information the be found there.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Lehigh County)

I've slowly started OC'ing within the past year. The thing I noticed right away...nothing. Most people don't even notice let alone take a second look at you. Small kids are the ones that ussally notice and say something. Other than that, like they said, read the stickies and remember, be an advocate. If someone asks aquestion about it be polite and answer whatever you know. More than likely no one will even notice. Good Luck!

(Erie County)

Try OC'ing around the inside of your house first, to get comfortable with the fact you have a gun on your hip. Next, walk out to the mailbox to get the mail, then, ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by pamedic View Post
    I've slowly started OC'ing within the past year. The thing I noticed right away...nothing. Most people don't even notice let alone take a second look at you. Small kids are the ones that ussally notice and say something. Other than that, like they said, read the stickies and remember, be an advocate. If someone asks aquestion about it be polite and answer whatever you know. More than likely no one will even notice. Good Luck!
    Ok good, I'm not the only one whos had this experience, . Its cute because the kids don't know how to control the volume of their voice, one time I heard one say "My dad doesn't carry it in the open like that!" as I was walking away.

Ill bite. Im in York county. PM me if you want to grab a bite to eat sometime and maybe take a trip to wally world to pick up ammo. Its always nice to buy ammo when you OC.
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.