Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (York County)

Thumbs up Thunderstick Enterprises...

A new gun shop has opened in Fawn Grove, PA. (102 Mill St.) I went in the week that they opened and was very impressed with their display of guns. I bought a box of ammo that day and went back 2 days later and bought a gun from them. They have a lot of nice guns and their prices are competitive. If you are in the area you should check them out.

Default Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

Thanks for the kind words, and thank you for your patronage!

Make sure you "like" our Facebook page, so you can see our inventory and specials, and keep an eye out for an upcoming giveaway!
    http://www.facebook.com/ThunderstickEnterprises

(York County)

Thumbs up Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

No problem at all. I will be visiting your shop again this Friday afternoon as soon as I get back in from my bow hunt.

Angry Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

I don't know what has happened to Thunderstick Enterprises in the last two years, but I am not impressed. I purchased a Cobra EMT Cimarron FA Co Titan 45LC/410GA Derringer from Thunderstick Enterprises LLC at the Gun Show Reading, PA on 12/30/2012 and paid $454.55 by personal check. This amount included a shipping fee as I am a resident of Illinois so was unable to take the gun with me (Illinois requires the gun be sent to a local dealer and the the purchaser then may obtain from them after the required wait time). I gave Thunderstick the dealer's name and number I wished the gun to be transferred to in Illinois and they recorded this on my receipt, stating I would receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number via my email address also listed on the receipt. My Illinois dealer emailed his FFL to Thunderstick via their email gunshop@thunderstickenterprises.com on 12/30/2012 at 5:43pm CST as they requested. On 01/05/2013, I called Thunderstick's 800-899-3757 and when their answering machine answered, I left a message stating I had purchased said gun and had not yet received shipping confirmation, nor had my check cleared and requested someone please get back to me. My check cleared the bank on 01/07/2013. Having still received no shipping confirmation, I emailed Thunderstick on 01/16/2013 stating above information and requested an update. I received an email back on the same day asking me to call Curtis with Thunderstick. I did and he requested a copy of my sales receipt be sent to his personal email address at curtis@thunderstickenterprises.com which I sent on 01/17/2013. That afternoon, Curtis sent me an email stating "We have your gun and paperwork..." and said they had not been able to reach my IL dealer so requested his FFL and number again "...and we will get your gun out to him." After several more emails back and forth that afternoon regarding contacting my IL dealer, the day ended with my dealer talking to them on the phone and Curtis sending me a final email "No he just called....will let you know when it goes out! Thank You" My dealer had to send his FFL again on that day as Thunderstick claimed to have not received it on 12/30/2012. I emailed Curtis for an update again on 01/22/2013 requesting an update and received no reply. On 01/23/2013 I emailed again stating that if the gun had not already shipped or was not to be shipped out by the next day to just send my money back to me. This again got no response. On 01/24/2013 my IL dealer called Thunderstick and was told the gun was packed and ready to ship - waiting on UPS. My husband called yesterday 01/31/2013 afternoon and was told the gun had shipped and they would send me tracking number via email shortly. I have received no tracking information from Thunderstick as of 09:26am CST on 02/01/2013.

(York County)

MelanieKrick,
    I can't speak for situations like this on buying a gun at a show and having it shipped to another state. I have recently ordered a gun part from the internet and had it shipped to Thunderstick. I had no problems at all doing that. Thunderstick has treated me great on every visit.
    I would try calling them after 11:30 am on week days and get this straightened out. I have never heard anything like this happening to anyone else. Sometimes things get lost though and I don't care how good of a rep you have it can happen.
    Hope everything works out for you.

Thanks for the reply, Amazon Hunter. Late Friday afternoon, Thunderstick sent me a Fed Ex tracking number so hopefully, this will all be resolved this week. I still can't say I'm happy having waited over a month for delivery, but in their defense, Curtis stated that he and most of his employees have been ill. Will post an update upon receipt of the firearm.

Talking Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

My dealer in Illinois finally received the gun, which was as purchased, so I am now a happy camper - can't wait to try it out!

(York County)

Thumbs down Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

Went by this store a couple of weeks ago with my son, and about the Only weapons they had in the place were some SK's. However there were a Lot of Pocket Books hanging where guns should have been hanging, as well as in the Gun showcases. Hardly NO weapons. Was told I could pay upfront and order them online from him, sort of like you.

Talked to the guy there and he said it was because they were a "Virtual" gun store. What? Does that mean that we have to wear 3-D glasses when we go in?

After we left my my son asked me why there were Pocket Books instead of guns. Won't repeat what I told him.

So.. maybe in this last year or so they have fallen on hard times. Or Not! I put this same post on another forum and it seems that their followers/friends flagged it and called it spam. Then I've heard from other members their horror stories about $$ dealings with this place. NOT impressed!

Quote Originally Posted by MelanieKrick View Post
    I don't know what has happened to Thunderstick Enterprises in the last two years, but I am not impressed. I purchased a Cobra EMT Cimarron FA Co Titan 45LC/410GA Derringer from Thunderstick Enterprises LLC at the Gun Show Reading, PA on 12/30/2012 and paid $454.55 by personal check. This amount included a shipping fee as I am a resident of Illinois so was unable to take the gun with me (Illinois requires the gun be sent to a local dealer and the the purchaser then may obtain from them after the required wait time). I gave Thunderstick the dealer's name and number I wished the gun to be transferred to in Illinois and they recorded this on my receipt, stating I would receive a shipping confirmation and tracking number via my email address also listed on the receipt. My Illinois dealer emailed his FFL to Thunderstick via their email gunshop@thunderstickenterprises.com on 12/30/2012 at 5:43pm CST as they requested. On 01/05/2013, I called Thunderstick's 800-899-3757 and when their answering machine answered, I left a message stating I had purchased said gun and had not yet received shipping confirmation, nor had my check cleared and requested someone please get back to me. My check cleared the bank on 01/07/2013. Having still received no shipping confirmation, I emailed Thunderstick on 01/16/2013 stating above information and requested an update. I received an email back on the same day asking me to call Curtis with Thunderstick. I did and he requested a copy of my sales receipt be sent to his personal email address at curtis@thunderstickenterprises.com which I sent on 01/17/2013. That afternoon, Curtis sent me an email stating "We have your gun and paperwork..." and said they had not been able to reach my IL dealer so requested his FFL and number again "...and we will get your gun out to him." After several more emails back and forth that afternoon regarding contacting my IL dealer, the day ended with my dealer talking to them on the phone and Curtis sending me a final email "No he just called....will let you know when it goes out! Thank You" My dealer had to send his FFL again on that day as Thunderstick claimed to have not received it on 12/30/2012. I emailed Curtis for an update again on 01/22/2013 requesting an update and received no reply. On 01/23/2013 I emailed again stating that if the gun had not already shipped or was not to be shipped out by the next day to just send my money back to me. This again got no response. On 01/24/2013 my IL dealer called Thunderstick and was told the gun was packed and ready to ship - waiting on UPS. My husband called yesterday 01/31/2013 afternoon and was told the gun had shipped and they would send me tracking number via email shortly. I have received no tracking information from Thunderstick as of 09:26am CST on 02/01/2013.

(York County)

Thumbs down Re: Thunderstick Enterprises...

Just saw the same screen name "Jaybeez" on here that was on the other forum that flagged and called my post a spam. Must be someone that works there, if not the grey haired guy that was there.

(York County)

From Melanie:

I have had no further interaction with them, so I have no further opinion. I can tell you they are great teachers, though! After all I went through to get that awesome looking little double-barrel derringer, it shot like Festus on Gunsmoke spelled - very inaccurate - had to aim at the target's groin to hit him in the forehead and that was at 5 yards! Lesson learned...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast