Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: WOW... This just reeks of FAIL...!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pkspawn View Post
    Just makes me want to OC more and more.. I was stopped, in Bucks County by a Philly Officer who saw me OC into WaWa. Told me my Conceal carry permit said I must conceal.

I hate living this close to the philly border.. that god for this website and learning the laws, so I am not bullied when doing perfectly legal things.
    Out of his jurisdiction? Tell him he must mind his business and to learn how to pronounce "License to Carry Firearms".
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

(Washington County)

Commented, awaiting approval.

Thanks for pointing out the article.

(Blair County)

The main issue here is safety, just go ahead and comply with the demands.
    HAHA ^ That made me laugh. I guess if the police show up at your house and demand to rip the place apart without a warrant you should just comply with their demands.

I can go either way on when to comply and when to resist and officer's request...every situation is different and every person's response to each situation will be different as well. In the case of what happened to Viper those officers escalated that situation far beyond where they needed to the second they made contact with him. The situation spiraled out of control because of them.

Resisting their demands certainly is not the wisest choice in terms of 'safety' but in that situation I don't think you can blame Viper for his actions whether you would have done the same thing or not. It's always best to walk away from a fight if you can but clearly Viper had no other options other than to 'throw down' and not take the officer's shit. After the way he was treated right off the bat can anyone come up with a better response?

It's unfortunate that the majority of society sees that resisting an unlawful request from a police officer as being wrong...when in reality it's the officer that is in the wrong.

Idiots, like the one who wrote that article, will never understand.
    "Improvise. Adapt. Overcome."

(Philadelphia County)

Law Enforcement has enough problems on their hands attempting to rid neighborhoods of the crime against persons; property and create a safe environment for its citizens.
    I guess it would make sense, then, to stop bothering law abiding citizens and go after the real crooks.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by H.E. Pennypacker View Post
    I guess it would make sense, then, to stop bothering law abiding citizens and go after the real crooks.

Shhhh. That is crazy talk.
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom ... go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels nor arms. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    This is the biggest pile of shit ever published, but considering the magazine and the author, what else could I have expected...

This is exactly why we have problems when open carrying. So much misinformation in this so-called article, I don't know where to begin...!!

http://lawenforcementtoday.com/2011/...-who-is-right/
    I'm sure it was just an oversight on the Sergeant's part, but I didn't see any mention of "Constitution" or "rights."

Not only do I disagree with what the author of this poorly written article has to say, but the article itself indicates that the author probably didn't do very well in college english/expos. writing.

(Berks County)

Apparently Sergeant Adel Martinez hails from the sparsely populated Indian Creek FL police department.

Found this little nugget concerning that dangerous village:

A unique characteristic of Indian Creek Island is the residents' apparent obsession with security. The village is unique among similar-sized communities in having its own State of Florida sworn police force including its own 24/7 armed boat patrol around the island. Not only does "the ICVPSD operate the only 24 hours (a) day, 7 days a week marine patrol unit and it is often the only waterborne police force available on Biscayne Bay" but also the sworn force of 14 officers compared with the 38 residents reported in the 2004 census figures might make Indian Creek Village the most protected and secure incorporated municipality in the United States
    Link

Hahah I think they have 45 residents...maybe less.

Wake up, America!! 59 out of the 158 Law Enforcement Officers that lost their lives in 2010 were as a result of gunfire from armed suspects.
    About 1/3. That's a high number. How much are you concerned about the other 2/3?

Common sense tells you the officer in question is not a “mind reader”; he will not accept your verbal approval that you are licensed and can carry a firearm;
    And unless a crime is ocurring why are you assuming anything?
    My rights don't cease because you can't read minds.

he will not be another casualty or have his name placed on a Police Memorial.
    If this keeps you up at nights, and the only way you can deal with it is by trumping the constitution for your safety then find another job. Guess what you're not entitled to be a leo. Accept the risks, be professional, and courteous, and I'm sure we'll all get along better.

But when you have people with audio/ video recording devices purposely “testing the waters” to see how far they can push these issues, this is not good.
    Yeah it was a good thing when only leo's had the ability to record.
    Technology is a bitch sometimes.
    FUCK BIDEN

I to am "awaiting moderation", I will be willing to bet our first amendment rights will be taken on this and the "moderator" will not post anything we wrote!
    SECONDS matter when the Police are MINUTES away!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast