Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Ruidoso, NM Mayor bans all guns

Last nite the local PBS "WQED" ran one of their Rick Sebak-like shows on markets (farmers market, open-food markets, etc - old skool shopping), etc, and the show opened with the open farmers market outside of Santa Fe..

Within the first 5 minutes you get the impression that A) everyone MUST be ex-hippie transplants from Cali, and B) EVERYONE must be high.

Don't know for sure - but NM must be full of libtard Mother Earth News stoners living as if in 60's Cali communes.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Monroe County)

New Mexico Supreme Court Ruling
    Opinion Number: 2002-NMSC-017
    Filing Date: June 4, 2002
    Docket No. 27,149
    (13) We determine that the Legislature's delegation of authority to local governments to prohibit the carrying of concealed weapons in Section 29-18-11(D) violates the constitutional proscription against municipal and county regulation of an incident of the right to keep and bear arms in Article II, Section 6 of the New Mexico Constitution.

(Philadelphia County)

[QUOTE=

Don't know for sure - but NM must be full of libtard Mother Earth News stoners living as if in 60's Cali communes.[/QUOTE]

I am from New Mexico....and you are absolutely correct. You couldn't pay me enough to EVER move back there.

(Bucks County)

So let me get this straight, in Ruidoso,NM they made the village idiot the mayor ??
    Jesus is Lord !

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by NHA View Post
    I am from New Mexico....and you are absolutely correct. You couldn't pay me enough to EVER move back there.
    I'm thinking Nevada and AZ are going the ex-Cali way too, as the jobs and real estate force more to flee east. And unfortunately they bring their politics with them.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    I'm thinking Nevada and AZ are going the ex-Cali way too, as the jobs and real estate force more to flee east. And unfortunately they bring their politics with them.
    Happens everywhere. We've been taking in refugees from the liberal paradise known as NJ for quite some time. They've been buying McMansions built on farmland after the farmers had to sell because they couldn't support themselves anymore.

A couple years ago, a developer wanted to buy a 55 acre farm and build 1500 townhouses on it. The people on the hill above the farm rallied together to "save the farm" as though preserving farmland is something that they care about. All the while, they're living on what used to be farmland. They just didn't want 1500 low rent townhouses right down the hill from their McMansions. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Doesn't matter. This is a clear violation of preemption.

Article II, New Mexico Constitution

Section 6

Right to Bear Arms

No law shall abridge the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms for security and defense, for lawful hunting and recreational use and for other lawful purposes, but nothing herein shall be held to permit the carrying of concealed weapons. No municipality or county shall regulate, in any way, an incident of the right to keep and bear arms. (As amended November 2, 1971 and November 2, 1986.)

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Happens everywhere. We've been taking in refugees from the liberal paradise known as NJ for quite some time. They've been buying McMansions built on farmland after the farmers had to sell because they couldn't support themselves anymore.

A couple years ago, a developer wanted to buy a 55 acre farm and build 1500 townhouses on it. The people on the hill above the farm rallied together to "save the farm" as though preserving farmland is something that they care about. All the while, they're living on what used to be farmland. They just didn't want 1500 low rent townhouses right down the hill from their McMansions. Hypocrisy at it's finest.
    We have a similar situation in Northern PA. Couple of hippies that moved in about a decade ago are now fighting vigilantly to keep a retired farm from becoming a pig farm - as if they're the original inhabitants. They're also non-stop fighting the gas companies, but I think that is mostly because they stand nothing to gain from them (they have maybe two acres with about 50 different animals) - so they want nobody else to gain either (which mostly includes farmers in the area - people who've worked hard for 30+ years and are now finally seeing something coming from the taxes they paid on mineral rights).

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandcut View Post
    OK. So as I read this, only LEO for the Village, County, State and Fed may possess firearms, right?

So where would armed security guards fall into this? Wouldn't they constitute a certified private police force? If so, this may be a good town to visit during armored car deliveries if you're a bad guy.
    It's called Required Accelerated Wealth Redistribution (RAWR), and it's all part of the plan. As in "I'm a big liberal, here me RAWR."

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearSociety View Post
    Well, what if all of the candidates running wanted the same thing or a version of it? Who will you vote for?
    When that happens, the question becomes .... I wonder how many people of the town (in outrage over the existing power structure) ran as a candidate in the last election in order to give the people a choice??

In the end, we always get the government we (collectively) didn't prevent...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast