Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schweddy Balls

(Allegheny County)

Default Schweddy Balls

So remember that hilarious SNL skit with Alec Balwin about Schweddy Balls? Well apparently Ben and Jerry's is rolling out a flavor in it's honor that the foodie world is all talking about.

I would like to do a blog post, or at the very least a facebook post informing my readers about Ben and Jerry's donations to anti-gun causes. Here's the problem though. I cannot find any proof.

Upon doing some research there is a plethora of sites that include them in lists of anti gun companies but none of these have references. Aren't charitable donations from companies public record? Does anyone know how I can find solid info to back me up?

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Schweddy Balls

Wait.... an Ice Cream flavor called Schweddy Balls???!!
    !

What's next? Blue Balls??
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Oakley View Post
    I would like to do a blog post, or at the very least a facebook post informing my readers about Ben and Jerry's donations to anti-gun causes. Here's the problem though. I cannot find any proof.
    Wasn't Ben and Jerry's bought by A Really Big Company several years ago? I vaguely remember something about that happening. This might be why you're not finding the information you're looking for, but fact-check me on that.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by FNG19 View Post
    Wasn't Ben and Jerry's bought by A Really Big Company several years ago? I vaguely remember something about that happening. This might be why you're not finding the information you're looking for, but fact-check me on that.
    I looked into that and yeah, they were bought by Unilever in 2000. What's also interesting is that back in the late 90's they hired Perry Odak, who served briefly as COO of U.S. Repeating Arms Co. to be their CEO.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by CenterTree View Post

What's next? Blue Balls??
    Nah, probably "Man Juice Sherbet," sure to be a hit on the west coast.

(Bucks County)

DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

Quote Originally Posted by Annie Oakley View Post
    So remember that hilarious SNL skit with Alec Balwin about Schweddy Balls? ...
    Gloria: "65 percent of the people murdered in the last 10 years were killed by hand guns"
    Archie Bunker: "would it make you feel better, little girl, if they was pushed outta windows?"

http://www.moviewavs.com/TV_Shows/Al...he_Family.html

(Bucks County)

Funny how they go from green and lean, everyone making similar money CEO down to once the owners made their money to being owned by a chemical company.

Oh, the irony...

(Allegheny County)

I've come across both of those sites but hate that they have no citations. I am sure that they did their research and that the lists are true but the researcher in me wants evidence.

From what I was able to dig up last night it seems that nonprofit contributions are not public information. The best one might find is a donor or partner list from the specific non profit. That kind of stinks. I originally thought this info should be easy to find.

(Delaware County)

theres this: Jesus, Bombs and Ice Cream

Claiborne has teamed up with Ben Cohen, co-founder of Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, to produce the anti-violence themed 90-minute variety show to be performed at a Philadelphia music venue, World Cafe Live.

<snip>

According to a recent blog post by Claiborne, the show will include a 9/11 victim sharing about why she insists that more violence will not cure the epidemic of hatred in the world. Also, a veteran from Iraq will speak about “the collision he felt as a Christian trying to follow the nonviolent-enemy-love of Jesus on the cross … while carrying a gun.” Additionally, a welder will tie an AK-47 in a knot while a muralist paints something beautiful on stage, wrote Claiborne.
    More here
    Scott Erickson, the worship painter at Ecclesia in Montrose, will travel up to Philadelphia to join in.

“During the whole presentation, I will be creating multiple paintings on stage that will represent the themes being portrayed about living in a world of disarmament,” said Erickson.
    and this
    and this:
    Supporters of Mumia Abu-Jamal
    Cohen, Ben - Ben & Jerry's (New York Times, 8/9/95)
    and this
    Then there was the 1997 arrival of Perry D. Odak as CEO, formerly of gun manufacturer U.S. Repeating Arms (maker of Winchester rifles) fame, and an especially ironic choice considering Ben & Jerry's strong support for gun control. It was akin to "Greenpeace announcing it had just hired the captain of Exxon Valdez!!!!"[100] Ben & Jerry's counters that Odak has a lengthy history of supporting progressive social change.
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast