Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Indoor range opens in Easton

Quote Originally Posted by atm3535 View Post
    Where is the easton fish and game located? I have been looking for a local outdoor shooting range since i just relocated to the Palmer area. How is it? price seems great! How strict are they...speed of shooting,double taps, weapon restrictions, etc...
    Hey welcome to Palmer! EFGA is pretty good for someone who lives on this side of the valley.

If this works, the range is on this map right at the end of Redington Road E.

http://g.co/maps/vkkr7

http://www.efga.net/ is the website

They have a "plinking/practice" range that I usually us for pistol practice. They have a place to hang targets, but I usually bring my own IDPA type targets and stands for them. During the week it's usually pretty quiet, but right now they happen to be working on a new club house near the 25yrd pistol range. While construction goes on that range is closed and it overflows to the practice range, which can fill it up.

You can draw from holsters and fire as fast/much as you want. I believe no FA and no BMG on the rifle ranges (and the plinking is pistol calibers or non-slugged shotguns. Link above should have the rules posted on it somewhere.

Here's the list. Not is says no "uncontrolled" rapid fire.

Stand behind the safety line when people are down range.
    Firearms must be unloaded, actions open and no handling of firearms when people are down range.

USE HEARING AND EYE PROTECTION AT ALL TIMES!! Spectators also!!
    NO ALCOHOL or intoxicated persons allowed on the ranges.
    FIRST SHOOTER using the range will act as RANGE OFFICER if no club appointed range officer is present.
    Junior members (10-17) must be SUPERVISED by an adult member.
    All persons will conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner.
    Only members and their guests with an annual guest pass may shoot.
    No junk targets, no shooting of cans, bottles, rocks or animals.
    Paper, cardboard, clay-birds and club approved steel are the only allowed targets.
    Remove your targets when you are finished.
    NO FULL AUTOMATIC fire, uncontrolled rapid fire, or rifles in .50BMG allowed.
    Range use limited to ONE HOUR(includes members and their guests) if other shooters are waiting.
    Membership cards must be visible at all times when at the range.
    Be aware that other shooters may wish to change targets.
    Read the special rules that may be posted at each range.
    Shooting hours: Sunday 10am until Sunset. Other days 8am until Sunset.
    Summer Shooting Hours (May 15 - August 15): All shooting stops at 8pm.
    Last shooter of the day must lock the front gate.
    Do Not post targets in front of the support studs.
    Members and their guest will sign in before shooting on each range.
    Violators will be expelled from the range and the club
    No Drawing from the holster on the pistol range.
    Range officers have the authority to rule "off the firing line" for any perceived safety concerns. Objections may only be addressed to the Board of Directors.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Patriot328; April 29th, 2012 at 10:04 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot328 View Post
    Hey welcome to Palmer! EFGA is pretty good for someone who lives on this side of the valley.

If this works, the range is on this map right at the end of Redington Road E.

http://g.co/maps/vkkr7

http://www.efga.net/ is the website

They have a "plinking/practice" range that I usually us for pistol practice. They have a place to hang targets, but I usually bring my own IDPA type targets and stands for them. During the week it's usually pretty quiet, but right now they happen to be working on a new club house near the 25yrd pistol range. While construction goes on that range is closed and it overflows to the practice range, which can fill it up.

You can draw from holsters and fire as fast/much as you want. I believe no FA and no BMG on the rifle ranges (and the plinking is pistol calibers or non-slugged shotguns. Link above should have the rules posted on it somewhere.

Here's the list. Not is says no "uncontrolled" rapid fire.

Stand behind the safety line when people are down range.
    Firearms must be unloaded, actions open and no handling of firearms when people are down range.

USE HEARING AND EYE PROTECTION AT ALL TIMES!! Spectators also!!
    NO ALCOHOL or intoxicated persons allowed on the ranges.
    FIRST SHOOTER using the range will act as RANGE OFFICER if no club appointed range officer is present.
    Junior members (10-17) must be SUPERVISED by an adult member.
    All persons will conduct themselves in a safe and orderly manner.
    Only members and their guests with an annual guest pass may shoot.
    No junk targets, no shooting of cans, bottles, rocks or animals.
    Paper, cardboard, clay-birds and club approved steel are the only allowed targets.
    Remove your targets when you are finished.
    NO FULL AUTOMATIC fire, uncontrolled rapid fire, or rifles in .50BMG allowed.
    Range use limited to ONE HOUR(includes members and their guests) if other shooters are waiting.
    Membership cards must be visible at all times when at the range.
    Be aware that other shooters may wish to change targets.
    Read the special rules that may be posted at each range.
    Shooting hours: Sunday 10am until Sunset. Other days 8am until Sunset.
    Summer Shooting Hours (May 15 - August 15): All shooting stops at 8pm.
    Last shooter of the day must lock the front gate.
    Do Not post targets in front of the support studs.
    Members and their guest will sign in before shooting on each range.
    Violators will be expelled from the range and the club
    No Drawing from the holster on the pistol range.
    Range officers have the authority to rule "off the firing line" for any perceived safety concerns. Objections may only be addressed to the Board of Directors.

Hope this helps.
    Ok great! thanks for the help! One thing, you said in your description that drawing from the holster is allowed, but it says in the rules that no drawing from the holster is allowed? JW thanks again. I'll have to check it out.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by atm3535 View Post
    Ok great! thanks for the help! One thing, you said in your description that drawing from the holster is allowed, but it says in the rules that no drawing from the holster is allowed? JW thanks again. I'll have to check it out.
    I'm assuming that's on the 25yrd bulls eye range. I've had ROs stand around and watch me draw and fire from the training range and have never been told otherwise.

Here's the info from the admittedly anemic website:

http://www.efga.net/training-range

Training Range

Our training area is located just to the right of the entrance to the rifle range. The purpose for this area is for members to both engage in formal periods of instruction and to perform defensive-carry draw and fire practice. All members are welcome to use the training area when an instructor or class is not using the range. If there is a class being held, please be courteous and don't interupt the instructor or students. While you can certainly engage them in friendly conversation, please don't pull the "I'm a member and I have a right to use this range" routine. All training that occupies the training area for a block of time is pre-approved by the club.

It is expected that to use this range you will provide your own target stands and targets. Please don't spoil your opportunity to belong to a great range by posting your targets on our barricade barrels or the chairs we provide.

The training area can easily facilitate pistol, pistol-caliber rifles and shotguns. For saftey reasons we ask that you not shoot rifle calibers (5.56, 7.62x39, .308, etc) as debris from the impact area has a tendancy to fly over to the shooting positions for the rifle range. Shotguns may only be shot towards the berm as we have no allowance for any type of arial shooting.
    If I have my ranges right, you should be good to go..

(Bucks County)

Great sounds like a nice place to shoot. Thanks for, the info.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456