Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Indoor range opens in Easton

Quote Originally Posted by fatkid View Post
    Just came from Heritage and got to use the range there for the first time. Range time was $20 for an hour, they do not have half or quarter hour billing. Ranges are 50 ft and the targets will run back about 15 yards. Lighting is very good and ventilation seems above average. I bought one box of 45 acp at the door, it was a little on the pricy side for the area at $24 for a box of blazer. Construction of the showroom is not finished and lots of work still going on. Was not the best day to go, as it took 45 minutes to get a lane and I was the only customer. Be prepared to fill out two pages of paperwork and watch a safety video.
    I am sure that time will be less to get in after they get settled in. A range officer was present for my time in the lane, he was nice and very friendly, though he did ask me to slow down on a string of fire. I guess seven rounds in seven seconds was a too fast for him. The place looks nice and has lots of potential, there is supposed to be a 25 yard tactical range going in, but not for some time. For my money I will drive up to the firing line. As a note, for right now there is no place for them to file the forms with all your information on them, so all my personal information was just left on a shelf behind the counter…
    Thanks for the info. I assume the forms and video are a 1 time deal. Based on your post, I plan to go this week to check it out.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

Cool. I'm 10 min from Shimerville, but I might have to try the new place, just to see what a shiny new range is like, before half the lights are shot out.

People will probably complain about the cost and thw safety procedures, but IMO, new places to shoot are always a good thing.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by renalp View Post
    Cool. I'm 10 min from Shimerville, but I might have to try the new place, just to see what a shiny new range is like, before half the lights are shot out.

People will probably complain about the cost and thw safety procedures, but IMO, new places to shoot are always a good thing.
    Not if it makes Firing Line think they can charge more after hearing about these rates.

(Northampton County)

What's the lowdown on pistol rentals here?

(Northampton County)

I received an email from them on Friday 9/23, stating that pistols and rifles are now available to rent. Sign up for their newsletter.

I stopped in to see if they had any target 22LR ammo. No such luck, not even green tag. I was ask what I was shooting, I told them it was a Savage MK II TR. They told me that a bolt action 22 should shoot anything, because it is not a semi automatic. I was wanting target ammo for groups, not function. I said Thanks, and walked out. I'll just keep shooting at Easton Fish & Game. Since I am a member, it is only $30 a year. We have 50ft 22 range, 25yd pistol range,100yd rifle range, and an action range. Plus they are about the same distance from my house.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metaldemon7 View Post
    I stopped in to see if they had any target 22LR ammo. No such luck, not even green tag. I was ask what I was shooting, I told them it was a Savage MK II TR. They told me that a bolt action 22 should shoot anything, because it is not a semi automatic. I was wanting target ammo for groups, not function. I said Thanks, and walked out. I'll just keep shooting at Easton Fish & Game. Since I am a member, it is only $30 a year. We have 50ft 22 range, 25yd pistol range,100yd rifle range, and an action range. Plus they are about the same distance from my house.
    I'm another supporter of EFGA, although seeing the bullet holes in the dumpster and hearing some horror stories from other members about unauthorized users is making me a little wary about renewing.

I stopped by Heritage just to check it out, and the place is pretty swank inside. It's also pretty expensive.

I might be wrong, but I don't think they're going to get much business with 20/hour lane rentals. Maybe from the refugee crowd across the river, but that's a far drive to spend a good chunk of cash just to shoot a gun. Maybe it's easier and more convenient than navigating the cumbersome NY/NJ firearms laws, but I'd be surprised if there's many PA residents who would frequent that range.

FWIW, though, there are a few Kimbers for sale in the showroom. It wasn't open quite yet, but I poked my head around the divider for a peek. I'm not sure where their price point falls, but considering how the place was constructed, I have a feeling they're going to be more on the high end of things.

(Northampton County)

I stopped into Heritage Guild this morning to check out the handguns. They have a large selection but are still waiting for the Glocks to arrive. They have some very expensive used handguns at least for my wallet. Maybe after the new Glocks arrive they will have some trade-ins. I am not into rifles & shotguns so somebody else will have to report about those. There are over 30 handguns to rent including the S&W 500. Looked for 10mm ammo but none in stock there was a space for it on the shelf so maybe one day they might have some then I can check the price.

I stopped in there the other day. It is a really nice place. Their prices are okay not the best and not the worst. They have a large collection of US military rifles and handguns for sale. They seam to be just a gun shop and range no hunting, camping fishing crap which is a nice change of pace.
    I really like the range section, well lit and very good ventilation.

The rental selection is extensive, and they're all current models in new condition. I'm looking forward to some try-before-I-buy.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast