Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Carbon County)

Default Need HELP with References for a LTCF Application in Carbon County!

Hey Guys,

Just got off the phone with the Carbon County Sheriff's office. I was told that the 2 references required for the LTCF application must be residents of the Carbon County. They don't, however, need to be residents for any specific time period.

Could some members from Carbon county help me with this issue, please?!

I have moved to Carbon county just over 3 months ago and don't know anybody too well to ask for this kind of favor.

If you want to speak with me for any reason concerning this - I will PM you my phone number.

Thanks to all!

Gene K

(Chester County)

Default Re: Need HELP with References for a LTCF Application in Carbon County!

While it is preferred that the references are from your home county I do not believe it is legally required.

Do you have references from Pennsylvania or did you move in from out of state?
    Last edited by PisnNapalm; January 15th, 2008 at 10:48 PM.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Carbon County)

Well I guess I will be testing this tomorrow, as I am going in to apply with references out of Lehigh and Northampton. I found nothing on the form or website in the way of additional instructions indicating this.

(Bucks County)

P N P,

I had forgotten that the App. had reference request. Bucks Court House had stacks of phone books in case you couldn't remember phone or address of reference, and many were from out of County ... told me they usually don't check anyway if clean App. and renewal.

Just another attempt to discourage in my estimation.
    A Hardball Game won't be won with a Softball Bat !

(Wayne County)

This isn't my county lol but My sheriff didn't even call my references.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Carbon County)

I got mine today. It's instant check and they DO ask for the references to be in Carbon, which I had.

So it all instantly happens, in case anyone is curious, you either walk out licensed, or refused.

(Carbon County)

Hi Gene, I'm in the same boat as you. Although I've been a resident of Carbon Cty for about 3 years now, I didn't have the need to seek out help as you did. I'll be more than willing to assist you, if you assist me in return. Maybe we can get together and get this over. I found it a little stange when I went to the Sheriff's office to request the info, and in fact informed them that I was a retired LEO, didn't make any difference to them. Get in touch?

(Carbon County)

Hi Gene, I sent you a message previously, I'm in the same boat in Carbon Cty.,Lets get together and get this done for both our needs, gonzo1sr@yahoo.com, by the way I'm in the Trails not to far from you........

(Carbon County)

Hi Gene, I'm in the same predicament as you, maybe we should get together and help each other out. I'm not to far from you, at the Trails off of 903. If you want you can reach me at 570-606-4419 or anytime on my cell # 646-327-6034, since I'm home late because I work in NY............eddie

(Carbon County)

Hi Gene, have you resolved the isssue for LTCF in Carbon, I have the same issue and have written you several times. If your still looking, let me know and maybe we can help each other out, you can reach me via email at gonzo1sr@yahoo.com..............

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast