Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

Quote Originally Posted by whsbuss View Post
    I took my wife (1st time shooter) to Clayton's in Horsham. Instructor spent over an hour covering basics then some range time with my glock. I continue to go back there for range practice. Glad I didn't choose Target World. Also, King Shooter's Supply in King of Prussia is proceeding with an indoor range. I was told it could be as soon as late this fall.
    You do realize the original post is 9 years old?

I’ve been to Claytons, I wasn’t fond of how it’s run, that was a while ago, it may have changed.

Kings bought the equipment from French Creek, I’m curious how that will work since FCO was a dark pit and the equipment antiquated by today’s standards.

I’ve been shooting at TW for many years now. No issues. The ROs are polite, and helpful. If you are new to shooting, you have to go through the brief safety and sighting tutorial. It’s a great range and shop. I suggest you give TW another look.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Target World (Chalfont) - bad info (IMO) and interesting insurance situation

Quote Originally Posted by Auriemma View Post

I*ve been to Claytons, I wasn*t fond of how it*s run, that was a while ago, it may have changed.

Kings bought the equipment from French Creek, I*m curious how that will work since FCO was a dark pit and the equipment antiquated by today*s standards.

I*ve been shooting at TW for many years now. No issues. The ROs are polite, and helpful. If you are new to shooting, you have to go through the brief safety and sighting tutorial. It*s a great range and shop. I suggest you give TW another look.
    Agreed. I've been shooting at TW for a year and half now and had no real issues. They've also rebuilt the range since the OP's post and it is well lit with good ventilation, and modern equipment.

(Berks County)

I only shot there once back in '94 when I bought my P7 at Leslie Eddleman's up the street but I always stop in and ogle their inventory when I'm around, they have always had a lot of stuff. The last time I was there it looked to me like they had a large inventory of rentals, which would be great for someone looking to try some pistols out before buying one.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Montgomery County)

I*ve been to Claytons, I wasn*t fond of how it*s run, that was a while ago, it may have changed.

Kings bought the equipment from French Creek, I*m curious how that will work since FCO was a dark pit and the equipment antiquated by today*s standards.

I*ve been shooting at TW for many years now. No issues. The ROs are polite, and helpful. If you are new to shooting, you have to go through the brief safety and sighting tutorial. It*s a great range and shop. I suggest you give TW another look.
    Sure I can try TW once the Covid rules there change. My biggest issue with them was when trying to talk to someone live about getting a lesson for my wife. They never responded. But maybe with all the crazy 2A issues and unrest, they are probably overwhelmed. Its always best to have someone else trained to teach a family member how to use a firearm. I'm hoping they will relax their range appointments like Clayton's has so its easier to get in. Didn't realize King's was using FCO equipment for their proposed range. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Always good to have more ranges available. Thanks.

(Montgomery County)

Sure I can try TW once the Covid rules there change. My biggest issue with them was when trying to talk to someone live about getting a lesson for my wife. They never responded. But maybe with all the crazy 2A issues and unrest, they are probably overwhelmed. Its always best to have someone else trained to teach a family member how to use a firearm. I'm hoping they will relax their range appointments like Clayton's has so its easier to get in. Didn't realize King's was using FCO equipment for their proposed range. It will be interesting to see how that works out. Always good to have more ranges available. Thanks.
    You might wan to call directly and speak to an RO or scheduler.
    I had my initial training there with Shannon. Very well done and thorough. Well worth it for me. Your wife may ask for Lisa, she is also a well accomplished and certified instructor (not sure if she is still teaching, but do ask).
    As for just shooting at TW, just go online and make an appointment. It’s not hard, and you can make future time slots to shoot. It’s like an online purchase but with no cost. Just go through the process.
    Best of luck.

(Montgomery County)

You might wan to call directly and speak to an RO or scheduler.
    I had my initial training there with Shannon. Very well done and thorough. Well worth it for me. Your wife may ask for Lisa, she is also a well accomplished and certified instructor (not sure if she is still teaching, but do ask).
    As for just shooting at TW, just go online and make an appointment. It*s not hard, and you can make future time slots to shoot. It*s like an online purchase but with no cost. Just go through the process.
    Best of luck.

I have to echo this.. Shannon instructed me, wife, and kids... very knowledge and patient.. the guys there are always nice and answer all of my stupid questions and never laugh at me ��

(Montgomery County)

I stopped by Clayton's today for a range practice session. As before things were just fine. Since TW doesn't have their 1/2 sessions at $15 Clayton's 1 hour sessions is priced the same. Due to the ammo shortage, one box per caliber per visit can be purchased if needed. 9mm Blazer was $20 so kinda of reasonable. I'll do TW in the future for sure.

(Bucks County)

I stopped by Clayton's today for a range practice session. As before things were just fine. Since TW doesn't have their 1/2 sessions at $15 Clayton's 1 hour sessions is priced the same. Due to the ammo shortage, one box per caliber per visit can be purchased if needed. 9mm Blazer was $20 so kinda of reasonable. I'll do TW in the future for sure.
    Huh?

https://targetworldinc.com/booth-rates/

Handgun rates, 1/2hr $14 - 1hr - $20

https://claytonsrange.com/range

Handgun rates 1hr - $15.

Or did you me "does have" instead of "doesn't have"?

(Montgomery County)

I bought a handgun there and I did wanted to shoot it on the range on the date that I purchased the firearm. I had a fast exam on how to handle firearm and basic safety precautions, was cited those back and had a very nice experience there.

(Montgomery County)

I*ve honestly never walked into a gun shop or range for the first time and dealt with proprietors that didn*t have a chip on their shoulder. That*s the gun business. It may not be the only reason, but the amount ignorant people they have to deal with on a given day is, at least, part of the reason. As its been pointed out (adnauseum), it*s there business and the gun business is always good. What*s that? You*re going to take your $1200 elsewhere? They laugh at you when you walk out the door because somebody*s going to come in, wait on line, put up with their attitude and buy that gun.

Personally, I don*t like it, but after hanging around a shop where I last lived, I realized these things to be fact and if you spend enough time at one or visit it frequently without returning the attitude, you eventually break through it. Target World is no different than the rest of them.

All that said, I do notice you yankees are really risk adverse when it comes to laws and I can see how the ridiculous nanny requirement to shoot a .22 would come about until the next nervous nelly comes around and demands airsoft.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast