Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Actually moving.. well kind of..

Quote Originally Posted by vladtepes View Post
    thanks for all the feedback..

so brass knuckles.. for example.. would likely be OK at home in a lit display cabinet.. but would be far less OK in the trunk of your car? is that basically the read in regards to "other weapons"
    I see it that way yes. But as evidenced by others I may be wrong. Surely, like OC, it has it's drawbacks and dangers. For me, if I choose to own such objects I'm going to. I won't remove them from my home for any reason other than what the law allows, which isn't much. In fact I have no idea how one would move the items from home to say, a dramatic venue (theather) or for a showing of some sort. But yes, in your trunk is definately illegal. On your person is illegal. In your curio cabinet....well, the law says you can, but it says your going to have to prove it's in your home for collector value.

I apologize for opening a can of worms on you and subjecting you to confusion on this matter. Apparently it's not quite as clear as I want it to be. Personally I don't understand the issue of illegality of auto-knives, knuckles and such but it's still a reality. Proceed with caution, consider well the other opinions, facts and warnings given.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Bucks County)

thanks for all the feedback..

so brass knuckles.. for example.. would likely be OK at home in a lit display cabinet.. but would be far less OK in the trunk of your car? is that basically the read in regards to "other weapons"
    I have all kinds of "prohibited" weapons, and they are all collectible (in my case) or are for "other uses" such as the brass knuckle paper weight I have to hold down the papers on my desk while the window and door is open.

But yes, I would take that as correct, they must stay in your home and are not to be carried on your person.
    <-Click For My Youtube [Don't waive your rights with your flags. -Sage Francis]

here is my situation...

My NJ apartment lease just ran out.. so I am moving my residence to my families NJ house.. and "living there" till I can get established in PA...

after I move my stuff into the NJ house.. I am packing and going to PA to stay for 5-6 months to get established.. get a job.. and all that.. so I need to fully understand PA laws..

* are there ANY "prohibited weapons" (dagers? black jacks? brass knuckles? etc..) now I am not talking about walking around with this stuff.. but just in the home.. like in a case...

* are there any ammo regulations I should know about?

* any restrictions on civilian owned body armor.. I currently have 2 safariland vests..

* I currently have a FL ccw permit.. and I know that will allow me to ccw and PA law already allows for open carry...

I know that I can not get a PA LTCF until I am an official PA resident.. but since I can carry on the FL permit I am not too concerned with that.. is there anything I am missing?

thanks in advance for any feedback!
    I've read all your posts and you keep referencing five or six months for residency. I have to tell ya, I don't really know what the legal requirements are but I know many people who get PA Drivers license the day they arrive in pa, apply and get a LTCF the next, if not the same day. So umm, whats up with this five or six month deal you keep mentioning?

Pa residency-lease, voter registration card, library card, utility bill/contract etc...can do all of these in one day and get a Drivers license in the same day and apply for a LTCF all in the same day.

CL

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234