Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gun Dreams

(Delaware County)

Default Gun Dreams

I had a dream last night about trying to sight-in a military-green colored sniper rifle with a 4x16 scope that was chambered in .223 but was the size of a Barrett. It was floppy and had to be held upright or else the whole thing would bend under it's own weight, and when I finally shot at my target, the round only went about 70ft and was badly left.

Why I was sighting it in at a bowling alley, I'll never know.

Have you ever had dreams about firearms that were really oddball?
    Junior

(York County)

Default Re: Gun Dreams

I'm a teacher, and I've had the dream of me carrying concealed to school and the gun falling out on the ground and every kid in my class seeing it, including the principal and DARE officer that was there. So in my dream I get that feeling you got the first time you were ever pulled over, but then I woke up.

(Montgomery County)

many.

My first, I was 6-8 years old. I had a dream that I got shot by tech-9's by the joker and his thugs. I was alive and walking next to my mom, and an EMT, but was riddled with 9mm.

Around 15 I had a dream I received a brand spankin new Desert Eagle, Gold in 50 AE. However it felt too light, and actuated like a airsoft gun. Then I woke up, and thought it was real.

Then about 6 months ago, I had a dream of a break in. I shot the guy with 00 buck, 3 times. Gut, chest, face, all you see is holes, kinda like shooting at soft rubber, and he is still alive. My dad was just chillin, asking me, what I was doing...

I've had a few firearms related dreams, including the occasional 'need it and it won't work properly' dream. I've heard that this means you need more practice, since you subconsciousness feel unprepared. I can't say I've ever had any "oddball" dreams though, at least none that I remember.

As per your particular dream, shooting at a bowling range sounds like a lot of fun. Might be a little snug for rifle shooting, but shooting 20 yards at a row of pins would be pretty cool, especially if the 'targets' were automatically reset after each round of shooting.

(York County)

So....

You're telling us you had... a dream

uh-huh

And you were dreaming about... your gun

uh-huh

And in this dream, you were ready for action, an action that required the use of your gun?

uh-huh

And right when you needed your gun, it went all limp and floppy?

Uh-huh

And how did that make you feel?

While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    So....

uh-huh

uh-huh

And in this dream, you were ready for action, an action that required the use of your gun?

uh-huh

Uh-huh

Ah hah

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I had a dream last night about trying to sight-in a military-green colored sniper rifle with a 4x16 scope that was chambered in .223 but was the size of a Barrett. It was floppy and had to be held upright or else the whole thing would bend under it's own weight, and when I finally shot at my target, the round only went about 70ft and was badly left.

Why I was sighting it in at a bowling alley, I'll never know.

You have been drinking the tap water again,haven't you?
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    So....

uh-huh

uh-huh

uh-huh

Uh-huh

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    Ah hah
    The answer is so obvious ...

... Vipes was dreaming about Mary Jane Rottencrotch.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post

No. My dreams are about boobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by NShortino View Post
    I've had a few firearms related dreams, including the occasional 'need it and it won't work properly' dream.
    I've had a few of those. Sometimes the gun wouldn't work properly, sometimes the shot would either miss or be totally ineffective. When I was younger I had the same type of dream, but without a gun. I only had my fist, and the punches would usually be ineffective or would have no power or speed to it.

Most recently, I had a dream I was in a public place (not sure where, just a crowded building) when gun shots rang out. I look around and see a co-worker (we'll call him/her X ) with a gun in their hand. People are screaming and running around while I'm trying to locate the threat. More shots ring out and it looks like X has gone postal and is firing random shots into the crowd. Is this really what it looks like? I'm in shock. I hesitate to act, thinking surely there must be a threat I can't see and X is shooting in self defense. X continues shooting into the crowd and appears to be pointing the gun randomly. I only hear one set of shots. Yes, X really has gone on a shooting spree. I draw, fire a few shots and duck behind a pillar when X points the gun at me. I hear a few shots, peek around the corner and see X has gone back to shooting into the crowd. Again, I fire a few shots, only this time the gun malfunctions. I quickly take cover as I rack the slide, step out to fire another shot and take cover again. I remember wondering if I was missing or if my shots were hitting their mark.

I step around the corner one last time and fire two more shots. X stumbles backwards into a chair and slowly slumps down into it. I get a blank stare from X as the gun is slowly raised in my direction. I fire one last shot and vividly recall seeing blood spatter behind X's head and a dot just off center of X's forehead. I also see several dark spots on X's shirt slowly expanding. Most of my shots hit their mark. I know I'm nearly out of ammo, but I also know it's all over. I drop the mag to find one round in it, plus the one in the chamber. I remember thinking "whew, that was close."

In my dream I could clearly see the sight picture of the gun as well as the slide when I looked down to clear the malfunction . It was very easy to identify the gun as one I actually own. Crazy stuff.

No, I didn't tell X about the dream. (or anyone, for that matter) Kind of hard to go in to work one day and say "Hey X, hows it going? I'm fine. I had a dream you went postal and I had to kill you in self defense. I put several rounds center mass and a round just above your left eye. Any way, how was your weekend?" LOL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast