Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Berks County)

Default (school physical) physician asked Gun Questions!

My girlfriend took her kid (7 years old) to Berks pediatrics yesterday for a mandatory school physical.First thing that's weird is they made her pee in a cup.
    They said is was to test for something (I forget) I found it weird because She never had to do this before,

The physician asked if any Guns are in the House.
    Then she asked if they are locked up and she asked the child if she could get to them,Then she asked what would you do if you Find a Gun on the Playground.

The child and her MOM told the Truth I have to say I was pretty Mad.
    If I was there I would have told them it's none of there business.

I Can't believe how they are trying to make kids scared of Guns.

Anyone else get hit with gun Question's at the school physical?
    I would love to hear what everyone thinks of this.

(Allegheny County)

Angry Re: (school physical) physician asked Gun Questions!

Yeah, the Candyass Doctor's Society of America is big on invasive questioning, and small on the 2nd Amendment... as in, NON-existent. I'd tell them, their invasion of my personal life is none of their damn business - they're doctors, NOT gunsmiths. Stick to working on what you know (or, are SUPPOSED to know).

Better still, ask him if he graduated in the top half, or bottom half of his medical school class. If he says, TOP half, ask for PROOF.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: (school physical) physician asked Gun Questions!

Many moons ago, the same questions appeared on a form that our new doctor was giving when we enrolled with his practice. I questioned him on it and was told that the AMA felt that it would be remiss if it didn't try to cut down the rate of accidental deaths of children. I replied that the goal was admirable, but that the only other safety question was whether the child wore a bike helmet. There were no questions about seat belts, water safety, use of child-proof caps on drug bottles, storage of harmful chemicals, or any of a number of higher-incidence sources of childhood deaths and injuries. He frowned at me when I said it, but other things he did during the kids' exams met my approval so I decided to stick with him.

I did see his form a year or so later when a copy was lying on a desk, and he had added in a bunch of the other stuff, so we've stayed with him all these years.

If all they are asking about is guns, then the form is politically based, it only reflects safety questions if the more prevalent hazards also appear.
    Know your audience. Don't try to sell a Prius at a Monster Truck Rally.

(Berks County)

wow you are right on.They did also ask if the child wore a bike helmet.
    You make some Great points Thank you.
    So If I were to tell them I have unlocked guns all over my house (which I don't) what would they do call the School, police or maybe even children service's?

(Lackawanna County)

They gave the kid a urine test? WTF! I'd talk to a lawyer, I'm not fucking kidding. That's crazier than asking about the goddamn guns. What's next, genetic profiling for kindergarten students?

(Montgomery County)

My GF and her kids know better. Are their guns in the house? None of your damed business. What do you do if you find a gun in the playground? STOP, Don't touch it, find an adult.

The US Census information summary made it quite clear that children that grow up in homes with legally owned firearms are less likely to have trouble with the law and even less likely to have an incident involving gun violence. So, if doctors are going to say anything about guns in the home, they should be saying how good they are to have around.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    My GF and her kids know better. Are their guns in the house? None of your damed business. What do you do if you find a gun in the playground? STOP, Don't touch it, find an adult.

The US Census information summary made it quite clear that children that grow up in homes with legally owned firearms are less likely to have trouble with the law and even less likely to have an incident involving gun violence. So, if doctors are going to say anything about guns in the home, they should be saying how good they are to have around.
    How dare you question Lib good intentions with facts.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post

Do you have a link to that? I want to print that out for personal reasons.

(Luzerne County)

This falls into the category of NONE OF YOUR DAMNED BUSINESS
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Wyoming County)

Along with the inappropriate gun questions...isn't a piss test being invasive well beyond the scope of a school exam?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast