Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: were my rights violated?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

34 60.71%
  • no

22 39.29%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Berks County)

Question Were my rights violated??

I went to a state agency for help ( OVR ) and got flipped out on by my caseworker ( david hager , reading OVR ) for carrying at a meeting ( which I did every time he just didn't notice Untill then I guess?) called me the next day and read me the riot act of how I was breaking the law and he was going to drop my case because if I carry a gun I don't need help! I was cleary disturbed by this and lost what little shred of faith I had in the system and just want to know what everyone else thinks. I checked and did not violate any law but think they did. Its seems today if you exercise any of your rights you will be smashed by the system , not just gun rights. I have a marine quartered in my house as we speak , just kidding lol
    Last edited by Huskyoverlord; September 2nd, 2011 at 10:56 PM.

(Dauphin County)

Default Re: Were my rights violated??

I would be curious to know what law he thought you were breaking. (I'm guessing none in particular, he just "knows" it must be illegal.)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    I would be curious to know what law he thought you were breaking. (I'm guessing none in particular, he just "knows" it must be illegal.)
    Yes if you don't like something make up a law , I've seen that practice all my life!

(Lycoming County)

I was going through the OVR program in williamsport, and i couldn't carry there because they were in a federally owned building. Do you know who holds ownership of the building you have to goto?
    it turned out to be a waste of my time anyway i went to them for almost 2 1/2 years and the could not help.

(Berks County)

It was a State owned building and the supervisor told me the state doesn't allow people carrying guns into their building , utter b.s. , isn't this one of the most pro-gun states around.

What is OVR? What is this guy trying to help you with?
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Lycoming County)

occupational vocational rehabilitation. if you have been injured and cannot go back to work, they try to help you find work and or re-train you for a new job.

(Lebanon County)

There are restrictions that apply to some buildings. Federal buildings and/or buildings which have Court Rooms are the first two that I can think of that might put you in violation. If it's private property and they have signage stating prohibition of firearms you might be guilty of something along the lines of defiant trespass. If the building you were in doesn't meet one of those criteria you were probably legal. With more specific details about the circumstances and location you'll get better answers.
    I am not a lawyer, I don't even know one personally, but I do know that you have to avoid some places and you need to pay attention to which places they are.
    With more specific details some of our more law knowledgeable members will be able to help you sort this out.

I don't have a short temper, I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser View Post
    There are restrictions that apply to some buildings. Federal buildings and/or buildings which have Court Rooms are the first two that I can think of that might put you in violation. If it's private property and they have signage stating prohibition of firearms you might be guilty of something along the lines of defiant trespass.
    ^^^^
    This..

Most of the time this signage is hardly visible. I noticed in a couple occasions (over the past 5 years) that there are buildings that have the signage but it is not posted outside the building but inside, which doesn't make any sense to me.
    You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent

IMO for just getting YELLED at your rights were not violated! However if in the future he refuses to assist you then you may have a case. That is the time to obtain a lawyer. OP just about everyone has a boss unless it is a private business. You may want to find out who his boss is and file a complaint. Then he may get yelled at too! IANAL
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast