Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Every time I swing by my gun shop I try to buy a little ammo - can never have too much especially 2020! Today's haul was all bargains and although somewhat odd calibers or not as popular - I have the guns that use it And great, my shop is getting into knives more - great prices on those too! Fun day..............

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

I'd ask where your shop is but empty shelves do me no good.

(Allegheny County)

crye-precision-jpc-jumpable-plate-carrier-multicam-blc-042-22-1.jpg

Spend hundreds on a plate carrier setup only to realize you don't like it very much causing you to spend hundreds more on a different setup and just when you have it all ready to go realize you don't like it either. Here's to the third time being the charm.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    Spend hundreds on a plate carrier setup only to realize you don't like it very much causing you to spend hundreds more on a different setup and just when you have it all ready to go realize you don't like it either. Here's to the third time being the charm.
    As one who could be in the market to buy in the future, what did you like and not like on those that you have been through?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by KJP442 View Post
    crye-precision-jpc-jumpable-plate-carrier-multicam-blc-042-22-1.jpg

Just like everything else in life when it comes to plate carriers there is no free lunch. They all have trade offs and all kind of suck for one reason or another. For me keeping it as basic and as simple as can be was what I discovered is more important then everything else. It needs to be easy on and easy off and the more crap put on it the worse it got.

I’m not going to be running missions anytime soon or living in it and I want to be able to get as flat as possible on the ground if I had to so front and rear protection only and carrying 3 spare rifle mags is all I realistically need along with the quick easy on and off. My current carrier is as comfortable as it’s going to get but isn’t as easy on and off as I would like it to be so it will be changed out in the future when money frees up.

For me most condor products are just fine and there isn’t any reason to spend more then $100.00 on just the carrier. Their LCS Cobra belt has been excellent as well as a few other products I have used from them.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    As one who could be in the market to buy in the future, what did you like and not like on those that you have been through?
    I'm not an operator by any means. Most of my complaints could be worked around or ignored, but I'm a picky bitch.

First PC I got was the Shellback Banshee. This was going on 10 years ago so there wasn't many affordable options out there. It was bulky, heavy (by itself without plates), and very hot. The cummerbund is all enclosed so it traps heat. It's also one size fits all (supposedly) so it's got more material and adjustment than it really needs. You can run it without the cummerbund but it just flops around and you lose out on some side MOLLE space. It also only really made to fit 10x12 plates so if you need large SAPIs you're screwed. It was ok for the time, but for the money there's better options nowadays.

Second one I got was the Agilite K5. Another one size fits all which is bull. It's made fro 10x12 plates and they need to be on the thinner side. The plates I have are 0.8 inch thick and it's a tough fit. Skeletonized cummerbund so it's not as hot but there's very little adjustment in it. It supposedly stretches but it's maybe .5 inch at most. If you're a bigger guy forget about this one. Has padding on the plate bags which is a double edged sword. It's more comfortable but it adds bulk to the interior and soaks up sweat. Overall it's not bad. I like it more than the Banshee. I'll probably keep it as a backup. As a side note - Agilite's knee pads suck.

I was looking for something a bit lighter and less bulky than the K5. The Crye JPC shaves over a half pound of weight from the carrier compared to the K5. It's also American made which is a plus.

I'm sure there are better opinions but those are mine.

(Bucks County)

Bought a 10/22 on 10-22. The basic carbine model. All the store (Broadheadsville Dunkebergers) had. Kinda surprised that they had two of them. Was expecting out of stock. The 10/22 came onto the market in 1964. Better late than never?
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Cumberland County)

Had a good amount of wine and beer leftover from my daughters wedding last weekend. Saved a bunch, gave a bunch away to friends and family, and bartered some for 30 cal in bandoliers My wife said "do you really need more ammo"...........I was speechless and she retreated......

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I picked up a Midway 1292 tumbler today from a second hand shop for a good price. Gonna use it to smooth non ABS 3d printed parts. Hopefully it doesn't attract graboids.
    Midway has a recall on certain runs of the 1292. If it's one of the recalled ones they'll replace it.

(Dauphin County)

Finally did it. Found one that is the right balance for me between price and condition. 1951 SIG P210-4, one of 5000 sold to the West German Ministry of the Interior for the border guards, Der Bundesgrenzschutz. Designation was P2.

That completes the series P1 through P8 for me. I’m not sure i need a P9 (Glock 17) and I think the P10 (based on the USP Compact) hasn’t been imported yet.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

Page 1554 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 5541054145415041544155015511552155315541555155615571558156416041654 ... LastLast