Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1645 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 64511451545159516351641164216431644164516461647164816491655 ... LastLast
Results 16,441 to 16,450 of 16832
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Finally dove into cap and ball. Arrived today at the house. Figured if I was going to do it, I'd get something "neat". Found this guy who takes new Pietta's and does some gunsmithing. Then puts it all with accessories in a nice wood box As far as what he did to this new Pietta:

Here is a Pietta 1858 Remington Army .44 caliber steel frame Snubnose Model black powder pistol reproduction. This pistol was originally manufactured in 2021. It is factory new and has never been fired. I have customized this pistol as follows. I removed unattractive manufacturer's stampings from the barrel. The serial number and other stampings remain untouched as shown in the photos. I then removed the factory bluing from the cylinder and the frame and polished them "in the white". I purposefully left the factory bluing in the cylinder chambers as well as the nipples to protect them from corrosion. I shortened the barrel to 3-1/2 inches to create this Snubnose Motel. I added a custom blade sight and adjusted it to point of aim with a laser bore sighter. I lightly crowned the muzzle. I upgraded the factory grips with checkered, white simulated ivory grips. I fine-tuned the action. Timing is perfect with solid lockup. The internal parts are excellent. The bore is shiny with strong rifling. The nipples are factory new. I neatly fitted this unique pistol into one of my custom burgundy velvet lined wood presentation boxes with an inlaid leather top. The following accessories are included: a copper and brass hunting scene flask, an Eley Bros cap tin reproduction, a custom brass ball rammer and several lead balls.

Any tips for a novice besides don't blow yourself up would be appreciated Oh, and a personal note was a nice touch I thought - lol.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Jesus... like 6 guns ago you said "last one this year!"

LOL! I love it!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

LOL! I love it!
    Yeah, and that was about 2 weeks ago!
    Power always thinks...that it is doing God's service when it is violating all his laws.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

LOL! I love it!
    Though I also said the same thing several guns ago.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    Sold a number of guns over the past four days and found a grail gun of sorts, a minty in box Walther P5 identical to this one, with test target, manual, cleaning rod, and two magazines:

The best thing about the one I found was that its trigger pulls are excellent, particularly the single action pull - the front sight doesn't move relative to rear sight when the trigger is pulled. The DA pull stacks like mad, but the sights stll stay aligned when the hammer falls.

Noah
    They are sexy. Congratulations.
    Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    First ever cowboy boots.

Just sold my .44-40 SAA revolver, though.
    C'mon man, you couldn't have found something to include in the pic?
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Finally dove into cap and ball. Arrived today at the house. Figured if I was going to do it, I'd get something "neat". Found this guy who takes new Pietta's and does some gunsmithing. Then puts it all with accessories in a nice wood box As far as what he did to this new Pietta:

Here is a Pietta 1858 Remington Army .44 caliber steel frame Snubnose Model black powder pistol reproduction. This pistol was originally manufactured in 2021. It is factory new and has never been fired. I have customized this pistol as follows. I removed unattractive manufacturer's stampings from the barrel. The serial number and other stampings remain untouched as shown in the photos. I then removed the factory bluing from the cylinder and the frame and polished them "in the white". I purposefully left the factory bluing in the cylinder chambers as well as the nipples to protect them from corrosion. I shortened the barrel to 3-1/2 inches to create this Snubnose Motel. I added a custom blade sight and adjusted it to point of aim with a laser bore sighter. I lightly crowned the muzzle. I upgraded the factory grips with checkered, white simulated ivory grips. I fine-tuned the action. Timing is perfect with solid lockup. The internal parts are excellent. The bore is shiny with strong rifling. The nipples are factory new. I neatly fitted this unique pistol into one of my custom burgundy velvet lined wood presentation boxes with an inlaid leather top. The following accessories are included: a copper and brass hunting scene flask, an Eley Bros cap tin reproduction, a custom brass ball rammer and several lead balls.

Any tips for a novice besides don't blow yourself up would be appreciated Oh, and a personal note was a nice touch I thought - lol.

Why do I suddenly want to get into cap and ball?

Cruzans, you're a bad influence!

(Bucks County)

whats the difference between percussion cap and cap and ball ? always wanted a "good bad ugly" pistol

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by arandy View Post
    whats the difference between percussion cap and cap and ball ? always wanted a "good bad ugly" pistol
    Mostly where you are located, as they are one and the same, just different ways of saying it. kind of like yinz and youse and other variations of you all.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

ty

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post

Any tips for a novice besides don't blow yourself up would be appreciated Oh, and a personal note was a nice touch I thought - lol
    I too recently got a cap and ball… “thing”. Also no clue how to make it go bang yet. All I know so far is caps are hard to find.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

Page 1645 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 64511451545159516351641164216431644164516461647164816491655 ... LastLast