Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo1VooDoo1 View Post
    I went with Rugged Obsidian 45, it can also swap out the front plate for 9mm or you can leave it with the 45 front plate. It seems though to now be dedicated to my Sig MPX-K. I like it because the Obsidian (and they have an Obsidian 9 also) can be shortened to the "K' configuration if you want to shave weight. I run it full length. I have a 3-lug mount as well as threaded mounts for my 9mm and 45 pistols. Lots of good advice in the Class III section.
    The Obsidian 45 will also handle 300Blk subsonics too, so a 300Blk AR pistol build is in the works for me too.

I also have a Sig SRD45, basically the same specs as the Obsidian but unable to modify the length, planning for that to go on an FNX-45 Tactical at some point.
    I've been considering the Obsidian 45 and the SIG SRD45. Which do you like better?

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Yea, I'm a 45 kinda guy. Never had a 9mm. None of the other Berettas really caught my attention until the m9a3 though.
    Gotcha. And yup they sure are sweet. Also take a look at the Langdon Tactical Elite LTT Beretta 92... Could be another alternative to the M9A3.

(Cumberland County)

Langdon Tactical Elite LTT a good alternative or companion I went for the Centurion for the LTT.

Quote Originally Posted by jthrelf View Post
    Gotcha. And yup they sure are sweet. Also take a look at the Langdon Tactical Elite LTT Beretta 92... Could be another alternative to the M9A3.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clinton County)

Jesus cruzans, leave some guns for the rest of us!
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
    μολ ν λαβέ
    What country can preserve its liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms!

(Cumberland County)

Hey, I've slowed down considerably! Lol. Haven't shot the M9A3 yet but the LTT is awesome - definitely recommend! I was debating between the full size and compact model then bam - get the Centurion!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Gixxer View Post
    Jesus cruzans, leave some guns for the rest of us!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Langdon Tactical Elite LTT a good alternative or companion I went for the Centurion for the LTT.

HAHA! Should have known! Nice duo!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    I've been considering the Obsidian 45 and the SIG SRD45. Which do you like better?
    I like the Rugged Obsidian better. I got a smoking good deal though, when I got mine. In addition to the provided Neilsen mount for 1/2x28, Rugged had a bonus and I also got the fixed mount spacer , a second threaded Neilsen mount in 5/8, and a 3-lug mount. It was almost $300 worth of accessories for free. I just has to buy a 3-lug Adapter in 13.5L which is the pattern for the MPX threads. I also like that the Obsidian can be shortened to the K style if overall length is an issue. I added a longer MPX handguard and cover all but the last 2-3 inches of the can. I could shave that last bit if I wanted to, by removing the last part of the threaded tube and baffle it covers.

Speaking about attenuation, both cans are about the same. They both will suppress 45acp, 9mm, and 300Blk subsonic. The Sig mounts seem to be in really tight supply, but I don’t have the same range of mounts for the back end of the SRD45 as I do for the Obsidian. The Sig has a cool tapered shape and seems to me the “tone” of the suppressed rounds is a bit softer on the remaining noise from the can. I am happy with both, really, but the Obsidian has been easier for me to configure with all the extras it included. Barring all of the bonus hardware I got with mine, it’s a tossup for me, just the convertibility of the Obsidian would probably make it my choice. The Sig might end up on a Tavor X95 300 Blk I have but I am also looking for a 30 cal can that I could use for both super and subs on the Tavor.

(Dauphin County)

Added another DDR Makarov to the pile. This is number 4., made in 1960. They were only in production for seven years; I still need a ‘59, ‘63, and ‘65.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(Philadelphia County)

Took the long drive up to Dixon's and came back with this Zoli Zouave along with an older cased Uberti 1860 Army revolver. Been meaning to get back into black powder for a while now.

(Dauphin County)

Silencerco barrel for the P226 showed up. I reconfigured the Odessa-9 with seven baffles. It and some 150gr Syntech have an appointment with the range.

-gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

Page 1516 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 5161016141614661506151215131514151515161517151815191520152615661616 ... LastLast