Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    I actually bid on one of those about a year ago - didn't win - lol.
    in 83, one of the brothers had one of those and brought it into the Reserve Center to shoot on the illegal range we had.

He would pull the trigger, bang, rack it, pull the trigger, bang.

Give me that. five minutes later it went bang every time.

I was his new friend.

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire.
    America must suffer until it reaches the point that Liberty is more important than Comforts.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by qmcorps View Post
    I bought one of those (Model 60) in 76 from an Airman who had to go to Guam and couldn't take it. Price: $20.00.
    I purchased mine in 74 or 75, My first gun when I was 14, rode my 10 speed to the local pub where my father was playing in the shuffleboard league. I paid the guy $20 who was sitting at the bar with it. Had some lunch. then rode to the local hardware store to buy some ammo, Had to use my sneaker laces for a sling to get to the store and the clerk at the counter have me some clothes line to use
    rode through town ( West Chester) with it sling to my back to the local junk yard where they paid me 5 cents for every rat and a dime for every feral cat. made enough for a real sling..my how times have changed

I still have the rifle and have probably could have filled a 40 yard dumpster with empty cases. It is very accurate and reliable, it gets cleaned once or twice a decade. that cheap little plinker is my favorite

(Cumberland County)

Picked both up today, I don't care what you haters say, the S&W EZ 9 Performance center Gold is sweet! Lots of real men in shop liked it - ok, and some not so real men too but we won't talk about that!
    A lot of chatter on the Glock P80 and many going to their phones to search GB! They are still going for crazy prices but told them to be patient like me and you can get one $600 or less. It is very cool.............

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post
    I purchased mine in 74 or 75, My first gun when I was 14, rode my 10 speed to the local pub where my father was playing in the shuffleboard league. I paid the guy $20 who was sitting at the bar with it. Had some lunch. then rode to the local hardware store to buy some ammo, Had to use my sneaker laces for a sling to get to the store and the clerk at the counter have me some clothes line to use
    rode through town ( West Chester) with it sling to my back to the local junk yard where they paid me 5 cents for every rat and a dime for every feral cat. made enough for a real sling..my how times have changed

I still have the rifle and have probably could have filled a 40 yard dumpster with empty cases. It is very accurate and reliable, it gets cleaned once or twice a decade. that cheap little plinker is my favorite
    Awesome story. Thanks for sharing how it used to be, when America was normal.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Berks County)

Picked both up today, I don't care what you haters say, the S&W EZ 9 Performance center Gold is sweet! Lots of real men in shop liked it - ok, and some not so real men too but we won't talk about that!
    A lot of chatter on the Glock P80 and many going to their phones to search GB! They are still going for crazy prices but told them to be patient like me and you can get one $600 or less. It is very cool.............

Like the gold accents on ez. Have a g gen 2 9mm without finger grooves since new and have a hard time wanting the new repop. Have gen 2 19 think 17 will be next over the redo. I think they*ve gotten better over the years. Collectibles are still collectible though.

Outside of the gold the EZ is an excellent pistol that handles great. Been training my 12 year old daughter on the .380 version (until I ran out of .380 ammo) and it’s a breeze to manipulate, handle and shoot. Put up a range review of how the 9mm feels if you take it out.

(Cumberland County)

I probably won't be taking the P80 out - probably just fondle it and put it in safe to see how she does in value over the years. Not sure if it will catch up to the value of my "real" Gen 1's - the completed auctions on them can be insane! Will also be curious to see if Glock does a "one and done" or if they will ever put a "limited release" out again

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Outside of the gold the EZ is an excellent pistol that handles great. Been training my 12 year old daughter on the .380 version (until I ran out of .380 ammo) and it*s a breeze to manipulate, handle and shoot. Put up a range review of how the 9mm feels if you take it out.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by SgtRecon View Post

Sounds like good times. You go riding through town with a rifle slung on your back these days and youll have the police called before you reach the end of the street. Times have changed. I was born in the mid 80s so by the time I was 14 it was already the 00s, when the internet was coming into daily life and cell phones were getting more affordable. Being a kid in the 90s was pretty cool though. I never got to hunt rats and cats in a junkyard though. I guess the closest I got was when my dad took me down to his motorpool on base with his friend and wed shoot the pigeons nesting in the rafters of the hangers with a pellet gun and his friend would run up and smack them with a snow shovel to make sure lol.

(Berks County)

I probably won't be taking the P80 out - probably just fondle it and put it in safe to see how she does in value over the years. Not sure if it will catch up to the value of my "real" Gen 1's - the completed auctions on them can be insane! Will also be curious to see if Glock does a "one and done" or if they will ever put a "limited release" out again

Come on man. it*s a beanie baby. Shoot that thing.

(Philadelphia County)

Added another to the Mosin collection. Been wanting one of these for a while, a wz. 48 from Poland chambered in .22 LR. Used for training recruits and cadets, weighs about as much as an actual Mosin rifle.

Page 1548 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 5481048144814981538154415451546154715481549155015511552155815981648 ... LastLast