Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1682 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 68211821582163216721678167916801681168216831684 LastLast
Results 16,811 to 16,820 of 16832
    (Cumberland County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Nice - congrats. I'm always on the hunt for nice JC Higgins Rifle. My Dad was a Sears Store Manager back in the day and always had a soft spot for them!

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Picked up a JC Higgins Model 50 from Alderfer's last auction. FN Mauser action and .30-06. Real nice shape, though the oxidation on the bolt knob will take some work to clean up. Had a gaping hole in the collection of pretty much all military stuff, so a nice sporter in a big boy's cartridge fits that hole. Still has the irons which I like since I think rifles without them look odd. But I'll still track down some rings and mount a decent scope to it.

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Nice. I love my LE marked guns too. I was bidding on a couple of those California Game Warden Glocks but they got too high for me to do. Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by bluetrane2028 View Post
    Attachment 156190

Bought a pistol to shoot the stash of .40 that I rediscovered. Not the most enthused about the "California Game Warden" markings, but I can almost guarantee the 200 rounds I put through it today were at least 4x what it's had in its life before that to date.

Was given the tip to check Surplus City, was absolutely the right move.

The magazines included at sale look like random pulls from the lot they had and are probably not original to that pistol. They ran fine all the same.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Sorry to hear about your Dad. But nice pistols. I never understood people that sell or give away family guns. I cherish all of my Dads guns!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Well, after about 9 months since dad passed away I finally received my dad's guns from Florida. (6) handguns, (10) long guns(two of which I had already taken possession of directly from the farm here in JeffCo).

Here are the handguns. (long guns will be featured at a later date)

A. My grandfather's Colt Police Positive Special .32-20.
    B. S&W 28, .357Mag
    C. Stevens model 35 .22RF (this was dad's favorite handgun)
    D. S&W K22 .22RF
    E. Phoenix Arms model Raven 25, 25ACP (this was dad's yard pest gun)
    F. Pietta 1851 Navy, .44C&B. ...never fired, still in the plastic and in the box.

I also received a bunch of dad's belt buckles, Case pocket knives, his engineering/drafting stuff(he and I did same career), a BUNCH of ammo including a few boxes of .32Long RF, his (2) zippo lighters, holsters/cartridge belts, and bunch of other odds/ends.

I also received DAD. ...his ashes, which I'll be spreading around a beech tree at the corner of our farm. He had marked his name and a year on the tree when he surveyed the farm after my grandparents bought it off my great aunt.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. But nice pistols. I never understood people that sell or give away family guns. I cherish all of my Dads guns!
    Thank you!

And ditto! Only (2) of his guns went to other people.

His AMT Backup II that I sold to him went to a neighbor in FL that had been helping my parents, especially in the last couple years when dad couldn't walk well. The day dad fell(which caused his hospitalization), the neighbor physically picked up my dad and set him in mom's car so that she could take him to the hospital.

And his pre-64 Winchester 94 .30-30 went to my parent's life-long friends here in PA - they also helped facilitate the distribution of estate.

I didn't dispute either of those disbursements because they are fine folks and true family friends. The friends here in PA are more like family.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Cumberland County)

Love when the Mrs. calls me at work and says "a very heavy package came for you. What is it, ammo?!" lol.
    1000 rounds of 9mm packed in 4 battle packs inside wood crate

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Love when the Mrs. calls me at work and says "a very heavy package came for you. What is it, ammo?!" lol.
    1000 rounds of 9mm packed in 4 battle packs inside wood crate

I always love military ammo that looks like it was packaged so you could drop it out of a plane.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Thank you!

And ditto! Only (2) of his guns went to other people.

His AMT Backup II that I sold to him went to a neighbor in FL that had been helping my parents, especially in the last couple years when dad couldn't walk well. The day dad fell(which caused his hospitalization), the neighbor physically picked up my dad and set him in mom's car so that she could take him to the hospital.

And his pre-64 Winchester 94 .30-30 went to my parent's life-long friends here in PA - they also helped facilitate the distribution of estate.

I didn't dispute either of those disbursements because they are fine folks and true family friends. The friends here in PA are more like family.
    Sorry about your dad. You've got some beautiful heirlooms there. And it sounds like the AMT and Win 94 went to good homes. When my dad died, he wanted one gun to go to his shooting buddy. It was a real joy to invite him to the range, shoot all of dad's guns with him, and let him pick one.

(Bucks County)

Nice. I love my LE marked guns too. I was bidding on a couple of those California Game Warden Glocks but they got too high for me to do. Congrats!
    grabbed one of them too , definitely had an office job , like brand new !

(Washington County)

Picked up an Israeli MAG-58 tripod with adapters to mount my 1919A4. Very nice and lightweight mount. MUCH better than the USGI tripod, especially being able to get it up off the ground.

In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by JoshIronshaft View Post
    Picked up an Israeli MAG-58 tripod with adapters to mount my 1919A4. Very nice and lightweight mount. MUCH better than the USGI tripod, especially being able to get it up off the ground.

Looking good.... Now, show us the big guns, you know, the one's those munitions in the background are for.

( :

Page 1682 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 68211821582163216721678167916801681168216831684 LastLast