Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1588 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 588108814881538157815841585158615871588158915901591159215981638 ... LastLast
Results 15,871 to 15,880 of 16832
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Picked this up at the last Morgantown show, a nice '42 Tikka m/91.

Last edited by borekfk; February 19th, 2021 at 09:11 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by borekfk View Post
    Picked this up at the last Morgantown, a nice '42 Tikka m/91.
    Looks like it needs a bit of cleanup but in very nice shape overall, especially the Finnish sling swivels and sling which are often missing or damaged on those. Have you taken it apart yet to look at the original date/manufacturer stamp on the tang?

Quote Originally Posted by ROCK-IT3 View Post
    The bayonet is a bit long for the pistol.
    The pistol barrel is very short, longer bayonet is necessary to compensate!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Prompt Critical View Post
    Looks like it needs a bit of cleanup but in very nice shape overall, especially the Finnish sling swivels and sling which are often missing or damaged on those. Have you taken it apart yet to look at the original date/manufacturer stamp on the tang?

Have tried cleaning it up a bit, the bolt is covered in dried up grease which is proving to be a bit of a bear. The stock is in good shape too, just had to wipe off the dust. Haven't gotten the action out of the stock as one of the screws on the barrel bands is frozen. I am quite curious to see who made the receiver.

(Fayette County)

I bought two Level III+ armor plates (10x12) that can withstand most rifle rounds and all pistol rounds for my plate carrier.
    These are Polyethylene and only weigh 3.5lbs each and they're boyant.
    I got tired of my the AR500 plates and how heavy they were.
    Now, I plan on getting the side plates.
    I'll try and take some pics.
    It cost $200 each plate, but it's well worth the money.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Berks County)

Have tried cleaning it up a bit, the bolt is covered in dried up grease which is proving to be a bit of a bear. The stock is in good shape too, just had to wipe off the dust. Haven't gotten the action out of the stock as one of the screws on the barrel bands is frozen. I am quite curious to see who made the receiver.
    Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) would eat that grease up if you can find any. It is toxic though so keep it off your skin and use in a well ventilated area.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) would eat that grease up if you can find any. It is toxic though so keep it off your skin and use in a well ventilated area.
    I'm first going to try some Hoppe's 9 or I might try something different and wipe it with penetrating oil and see if that helps before I start getting aggressive lol.

(Lehigh County)

I'm first going to try some Hoppe's 9 or I might try something different and wipe it with penetrating oil and see if that helps before I start getting aggressive lol.
    As a general rule for old Russian surplus cosmoline my process is to separate the metal from any wooden or painted parts, then use 1. rag and hot water (soak or improvise with a hot air dryer to loosen up first if needed), 2. hoppe's CLP, 3. (if all else fails) quick dunk into a bucket or ziploc bag of mineral spirits (thoroughly rinse after you take it out). For Mosins or similar with that resin varnish on the stocks where the varnish has cracked, you can also use a rag with a very small amount of mineral spirits to melt it and smooth it back out, but take any cosmoline off the surface first with rag and hot water, and more than a very small amount of mineral spirits will make the resin totally disintegrate. I've always found Mosin bolts especially to be kind of a pain to get all the gunk out of.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Prompt Critical View Post
    As a general rule for old Russian surplus cosmoline my process is to separate the metal from any wooden or painted parts, then use 1. rag and hot water (soak or improvise with a hot air dryer to loosen up first if needed), 2. hoppe's CLP, 3. (if all else fails) quick dunk into a bucket or ziploc bag of mineral spirits (thoroughly rinse after you take it out). For Mosins or similar with that resin varnish on the stocks where the varnish has cracked, you can also use a rag with a very small amount of mineral spirits to melt it and smooth it back out, but take any cosmoline off the surface first with rag and hot water, and more than a very small amount of mineral spirits will make the resin totally disintegrate. I've always found Mosin bolts especially to be kind of a pain to get all the gunk out of.
    Thanks for the advice, I have cleaned metal parts in the past with mineral spirits and this isn't my first rodeo with Mosins or gunked up surplus. I've only had bad flaking and bubbling with one Mosin in the past and wound up just stripping the old varnish and replacing it with something that kinda looked close. I'm not touching the wood on this stock, its dark but the finish is intact and it doesn't have an overly oily or grimy feel to it.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Snow day at the gun shop Couldn't resist these cool Elite Tactical twist together AR mags! Wonder how many I can twist together at once - lol.
    And got a great deal on another Roni. Someone bought it, then didn't like it so I got it cheap. Already have one for the Glock 17 now this one for Glock 21 !
    Make sure the. ETS mags lock in when fully loaded...just sayin'

(Philadelphia County)

Just got in one of these old Pachmayr grip adapters off of ebay. I was looking for one of the Tyler T-Grips, but holy balls people must think they're made of gold for what they're going for on auction sites. Or they think the guy that makes them is dead and his family destroyed whatever inventory he had left lol.

Page 1588 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 588108814881538157815841585158615871588158915901591159215981638 ... LastLast