Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    Coworker bought one of the Rugers, after the third shot the pistol essentially exploded. Ruger was good about it and replaced in in about two weeks time. He waited over seven months to receive the first one, same day he got it home it goes bang, bang, boom.

Any idea the cause? I've put a few hundred rounds through my Ruger 57 since last July without issue.

Coworker bought one of the Rugers, after the third shot the pistol essentially exploded. Ruger was good about it and replaced in in about two weeks time. He waited over seven months to receive the first one, same day he got it home it goes bang, bang, boom.
    Well that makes me feel good since the guy mentioned that model although I wasn't really interested in it. After getting my 509 I've been a fan of the FN line so slowly completing the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    Well that makes me feel good since the guy mentioned that model although I wasn't really interested in it. After getting my 509 I've been a fan of the FN line so slowly completing the collection.
    If that makes you feel good, don't Google "FN five seven Kaboom"....

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Any idea the cause? I've put a few hundred rounds through my Ruger 57 since last July without issue.
    No clue, he thought the second shot sounded off, then when he fired the third round it messed up the slide, pin and parts of the grip. It was bulged in places and he couldn't take it apart, he could cycle the slide but there was no internal parts working like they should. He was even hit in the head with some debris from the explosion, he was lucky it was only a small cut. His thoughts were that maybe the third round was double charged even though it was a factory load, I think that it's entirely possible that the third shot was fired without being completely in battery. I had an M-1 carbine that years ago fired while not being fully in battery and it blew a chunk of the stock off as well as spewing gas everywhere, including into my eyes.
    "Sometimes reasonable men must do unreasonable things."- Marvin Heemeyer

No clue, he thought the second shot sounded off, then when he fired the third round it messed up the slide, pin and parts of the grip. It was bulged in places and he couldn't take it apart, he could cycle the slide but there was no internal parts working like they should. He was even hit in the head with some debris from the explosion, he was lucky it was only a small cut. His thoughts were that maybe the third round was double charged even though it was a factory load, I think that it's entirely possible that the third shot was fired without being completely in battery. I had an M-1 carbine that years ago fired while not being fully in battery and it blew a chunk of the stock off as well as spewing gas everywhere, including into my eyes.
    Sounds like the 2nd was a squib and he fired the third with a barrel obstruction from what your describing. If that’s the case it’s defiantly not the guns fault. Ammo 1st the user error 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sounds like the 2nd was a squib and he fired the third with a barrel obstruction from what your describing. If that*s the case it*s defiantly not the guns fault. Ammo 1st the user error 2nd.
    I concur. Odd sound from the 2nd shot and then the 3rd one led to a kaboom? That's the telltale signs of a full power round hitting a squib in the barrel.

Arsenal refurbished Tula SKS...looks new, all matching

A6D9206B-71E8-4734-9F71-B585DE8D97FC.jpg

(Cumberland County)

Getting more and more into knives. Great, another "hobby" to spend $ on - lol. Thought this little gem the shop had was nice....

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Getting more and more into knives. Great, another "hobby" to spend $ on - lol. Thought this little gem the shop had was nice....

WTF?

You plan on butchering chipmunks?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Cumberland County)

Just spewed wine out of my nose - lol. I remember General Mattis quote - something like “always carry a knife, you never know when there will be cake or you need to slice someone’s throat”
    Come on, you know you like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    WTF?

You plan on butchering chipmunks?
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1580 of 1684 FirstFirst ... 5801080148015301570157615771578157915801581158215831584159016301680 ... LastLast