Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1528 of 1528 FirstFirst ... 528102814281478151815241525152615271528
Results 15,271 to 15,280 of 15280
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: What did you buy yourself today (Photo thread)...

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Congrats! I'm still waiting - what are they up to for numbers ? Thanks!
    Mine was #14864 and I got the call Wednesday. Rumor is they're doing about 30/workday recently.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

Bought it for the wife actually. It's identical to her first car. Pretty solid, but gonna take me a few months to get it back on the road and pretty for her.
    A Cabriolet baby! And it looks like a real beetle, one with torsion bars?
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Cumberland County)

Still 3,000+ to go for mine I understand the randomly generated numbers but frustrating I had my packet off day 1 that they started accepting and number in the 18,000's

Quote Originally Posted by OlGunner View Post
    Mine was #14864 and I got the call Wednesday. Rumor is they're doing about 30/workday recently.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    A Cabriolet baby! And it looks like a real beetle, one with torsion bars?
    Yep

It's all original with a few exceptions. Owners grandfather drove it off the lot in '73. Was his car for his last 30 years and then inherited by his grandson. He replaced the top and did a few updrades to the motor and exhaust. It's been sitting a few years now, so it'll need some rust repair underneath.

(Berks County)

Bought it for the wife actually. It's identical to her first car. Pretty solid, but gonna take me a few months to get it back on the road and pretty for her.
    Awesome, good luck with it. A '69 Beetle was my first car bought in '76 and drove it for six years. They're neat cars in a way that you'll only appreciate after working on them. I'm thinking that that could be a Ghia with coil springs on the front? Parts might be hard to source nowadays but they were plentiful when I was tooling with it. Do you have any experience with them? How's the floor pan? That's the Achilles heel on them.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    Awesome, good luck with it. A '69 Beetle was my first car bought in '76 and drove it for six years. They're neat cars in a way that you'll only appreciate after working on them. I'm thinking that that could be a Ghia with coil springs on the front? Parts might be hard to source nowadays but they were plentiful when I was tooling with it. Do you have any experience with them? How's the floor pan? That's the Achilles heel on them.
    Super Beetles were the ones with coil springs. The Karmann Ghia had a different body.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Super Beetles were the ones with coil springs. The Karmann Ghia had a different body.
    You could be right on that, my memory was always half-assed. For some reason I'm thinking that some Beetles also had Ghia designations, could have been the Super Beetles.
    Red is grey and yellow white, But we decide which is right, And which is an illusion.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter View Post
    I already ordered the floor pans, they're done. I'll ask the wife if it's a Ghia. She's the one handling the deal. She restored her first one by herself (except for welding), and knows what she's looking at. I've only given it a cursory walk around, she climbed around under it to check on stuff and saw the holes in the floor pan. Personally, I haven't done a lot of work on one. Buddy had a dune buggy built out of one when I was in college, so I helped him do some mods to the engine. Seemed like one of the easiest things to work on at the time.

(Berks County)

I already ordered the floor pans, they're done. I'll ask the wife if it's a Ghia. She's the one handling the deal. She restored her first one by herself (except for welding), and knows what she's looking at. I've only given it a cursory walk around, she climbed around under it to check on stuff and saw the holes in the floor pan. Personally, I haven't done a lot of work on one. Buddy had a dune buggy built out of one when I was in college, so I helped him do some mods to the engine. Seemed like one of the easiest things to work on at the time.
    They are very simple and logical in construction. i e the distributor can only go in one way and I cannot believe that the rest of the auto, truck and tractor industries haven't figured that one out yet.

Page 1528 of 1528 FirstFirst ... 528102814281478151815241525152615271528