Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A couple general gear and processing questions for the board:

1.Anyone using regular Cabela’s Legacy fleece pants (no liners of waterproof layers)? I’m looking for something that’s not too bulky to be worn with other outer layers. Something similar to a heavy pair of sweat pants for comparison.

2.For those that process their deer and use a vacuum sealer. Where have you found the best deal on 11” wide rolls?

Thank you
    Last edited by God's Country; August 30th, 2011 at 08:22 PM.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Wayne County)

Default Re: A couple general gear and processing questions for the board:

God`s Country heres my system for cold weather, Poly next to my skin then I put on Fleece for walking to and from my stand both dry fast. I pack in a good parka, bibs and a set of boot blankets for my feet with plenty of hand warmers. I`ve been up to New Brunswick Canada on really cold winters and this works best for me. On cool days its just Poly and good fleece with wind breaker. Good luck this season.

(Lancaster County)

Costco and BJ's have packages of rolls and bags, many times with a coupon for a few dollars off. I believe they come with 3 11" rolls and 1 8" roll and about 10 bags. Not sure of the current price because I stocked up the last time I had a coupon.

I stopped by Walmart a couple weeks ago and picked up some 8" rolls pretty cheap over other stores, again, don't recall the price. I would stay away from Cabela's or Bass Pro for food saver bags, they're a lot more than most places sell them, but they right in line with other food saver accessories like the mason jar sealers, lunch meat boxen and the cannister sets.

Be aware if you're looking on line for stores that stock stuff, Bed Bath And Beyond lists items they have for the food saver, but they really only stock the machine in the stores, all the other accessories they have listed on their website are only available on the website, it would be fucking nice if they said that on the site though... (pet peeve of mine of stores.)
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    2.For those that process their deer and use a vacuum sealer. Where have you found the best deal on 11” wide rolls?

Thank you
    I ordered some from here, bought in bulk so I don't have to worry about it for a while.
    http://www.stoorz.com/i/foodsaver-ro...FZQKKgodNmWvDw

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    I ordered some from here, bought in bulk so I don't have to worry about it for a while.
    http://www.stoorz.com/i/foodsaver-ro...FZQKKgodNmWvDw

Edit:
    Never mind I see how this works now.
    It appears I have to pay shipping and tax though. The shipping is free without the promo code.
    So the estimated coupon ad was 89.52.
    The actual cost from foodsaver is:
    78.32 16 rolls with bulk discount & coupon
    14.95 shipping
    5.60 tax
    98.87 total
    Last edited by God's Country; August 31st, 2011 at 10:22 AM.
    FUCK BIDEN

go to http://www.thesweetattack.com/page/page/1617042.htm for bags. (pa company), and they never charged me taxes.. been using them for a few years.
    FJB

I love cold weather, I spend a lot of time hiking and hunting in the late season archery.
    Cold weather gear is poly long johns, fleece and water proof parka and pants. I got a good set of underarmor parka and pants for late season bowhunting at the Delaware beaches outlets a few years ago and never regretted it.
    If I am moving around a lot, I wear some Wrangler brush buster real tree camo jeans with cordura reinforced legs. these wear like iron. if its cold i put on poly unerwear.
    momom (MIL) knit me a camo scarf and hat set thats amazing, the scarf is about 15" wide and 6 1/2 feet long. I wrap it around my face and cross it around my chest a and back over my kidneys, it is truly a thing of joy and beauty. The hat is 2 pieces, a thinner under cap and a thicker knit toboggan When I get heated up I take the one off and put it in the hood of the parka with the scarf. Mittens are Swiss military surplus from Sportsmans guide.These are truly impressive, they have the trigger finger and are as dry and warm as anything I have ever owned. I bought like 10 pairs of these ad gave them out to fiends. If the snows really deep I wear surplus gaiters,and US milsurp snowshoes also from SG. those are a blast after your legs get strong enough to go some distance with them.
    yeah I buy a lot of crap from SG
    Last edited by bigandy1966; August 31st, 2011 at 10:26 AM.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Quote Originally Posted by bogey1 View Post
    go to http://www.thesweetattack.com/page/page/1617042.htm for bags. (pa company), and they never charged me taxes.. been using them for a few years.
    Thanks bogey that's a good deal. A bit cheaper actually since they are 18' rolls, even with shipping. I'm not sure about the 11.5" width though. I've always used 11". It looks like the 11.5 will work ,but it would be tight.
    FUCK BIDEN

You thought about that more than I did...my wife found that and said order some, so I said...yes dear.

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    You thought about that more than I did...my wife found that and said order some, so I said...yes dear.
    I do the shopping.
    FUCK BIDEN

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast