Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Looking for a pair of boots....

Hey kids,

I'm in search of a pair of Converse Assault Boots # 8877 and can't find them anywhere in the mainstream shoe places. Does anyone have a lead on where to get them in the central PA area?

I usually wear Bates, but Looking to go with something more of a sneaker type boot and would like to try the converse on before I buy them.

Thanks

Jeff

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Looking for a pair of boots....

http://www.copshoes.com/p-C-8877.html

You can get them from this website, I'm not sure about finding them locally.
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

I've found a ton of places online to buy them, but I'm very picky about the boots I wear and how they feel, so I like to try them on before I buy them.

Bates offers a sneaker style of boot, but they also want $180 for them...I usually wear their 8" tactical side zip non waterproof boots.

(Pike County)

schmol, a question. Have you found that Bates quality has taken a nose dive in the past couple of years? I have been using Bates quarter boots on duty for about 15 years, and lately I am only getting about 6 months out of a pair, used to get 2 years! I always use 2 pair and rotate them, but the soles just wear out. At $120 a pair it's a pain in the, well, foot.

I don't know where you can get them. For what it is worth, I really like the 5.11s
    Jules

(Westmoreland County)

Hmmm...evil black boots! Yeah, the anti's are gonna try to ban them!

(Erie County)

Wolverine boots are pretty damn nice. I got mine dirty the other day and just power washed them when i was doing my car. Stayed dry. I got my from DSG shoe warehouse or something like that.

I doubt your gonna find something like that locally unless you have a fancier gunshop / police supply around you.

(Warren County)

Hi-Techs were the most sneaker like boots I've ever worn. Sooooooo comfortable. Much better than the issued jungle and combat boots in the USMC.

Quote Originally Posted by gf45acp View Post
    schmol, a question. Have you found that Bates quality has taken a nose dive in the past couple of years? I have been using Bates quarter boots on duty for about 15 years, and lately I am only getting about 6 months out of a pair, used to get 2 years! I always use 2 pair and rotate them, but the soles just wear out. At $120 a pair it's a pain in the, well, foot.

I guess I don't walk as much as you do, because my soles last petty long, it's the actual boot material that wears out for me. Take your boot and squash the toe area back into the main part of the boot, kinda like in a sprinter stance, that is what my boots go through everyday. The material gets stretched and I have a hard time keeping my boots tight, you kinda get what I mean.

My sister and I are planning on going up to the Carlisle Barrack to their PX so I can check out the boots this weekend sometime. I'll check out the Belleville's if they have any there, thanks for the tip.