Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Thumbs up Sarco, Easton, PA

Saw a flyer for a new gun shop in Easton so I figured I'd go take a look. Found it at 50 Hilton Street in Easton. Walked into a HUGE showroom! Greeted by very helpful and knowledgeable sales man. He walked me and my wife through some of the different handguns they had for sale, wife is looking for a CC handgun. He was very helpful and too his time. He also metioned that they are opening a range next door that you will be able to fire anything you may be purchasing. Go check it out!

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Sarco, Easton, PA

Yeah, I went in to this shop yesterday, They had a lot of rifles, mostly vintage. Some vintage pistols, any of the new pistols they had, I would not be interested in. Nobody asked me if I needed help. After looking around, I went to the counter to buy some 380 ammo. Very few choices for ammo there. I decided on a box of Federal FMJ and purchased them. I wanted to make sure they were round nose and not flat. The guy behind the counter opened the box to check and confirmed they were. I purchased them and went on my way. After I got home I opened the box and noticed they were reloads!! Nobody said anything to me at time of purchase, nothing marked on the box, etc. Now, I'm not the type to go back and rant and rave, but I will certainly never go in there again, and make sure everyone I know who shoots, what happended. Also, the range opening next door is not affiliated with them at all. I think it will also have a gun shop as well. Hopefully, they will be honest, unlike SARCO.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK1974 View Post
    Yeah, I went in to this shop yesterday, They had a lot of rifles, mostly vintage. Some vintage pistols, any of the new pistols they had, I would not be interested in. Nobody asked me if I needed help. After looking around, I went to the counter to buy some 380 ammo. Very few choices for ammo there. I decided on a box of Federal FMJ and purchased them. I wanted to make sure they were round nose and not flat. The guy behind the counter opened the box to check and confirmed they were. I purchased them and went on my way. After I got home I opened the box and noticed they were reloads!! Nobody said anything to me at time of purchase, nothing marked on the box, etc. Now, I'm not the type to go back and rant and rave, but I will certainly never go in there again, and make sure everyone I know who shoots, what happended. Also, the range opening next door is not affiliated with them at all. I think it will also have a gun shop as well. Hopefully, they will be honest, unlike SARCO.
    I called Sarco, they DO NOT SELL RELOADED AMMO due to liability. So I am calling you out.
    Hold the Line...

(Montgomery County)

Sarco are good people.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Warsaw Pact View Post
    Sarco are good people.
    Sarco are good people if you know WTF you are doing. They are very proud of some of their junk and often price accordingly. And not all of it is exactly what they say it is. They accept returns for 5 days I think. Know what you are buying, know what it is supposed to cost, and inspect what you get.

I am NOT saying they are bad people, rip-off artists, or anything negative at all. I'm saying Sarco is not for amateurs. It's the nature of their business, which is mostly surplus guns and parts/kits in high volume sales.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by spacemanvic View Post
    I called Sarco, they DO NOT SELL RELOADED AMMO due to liability. So I am calling you out.
    SAME here 2 post NEWB

(Northampton County)

Sarco also is a stocking dealer for rock island pistols new not used and has a good selection of them. Yes they also have some other new items as well and also have a large selection of surplus firearms. Yes as a purchaser of surplus firearms you have to be an informed buyer and carefully inspect the firearm before purchase. After I purchase any surplus firearm I head right to the range check all safety aspects of the weapon and then bench test it for it for accuracy and check it for function. Yes I have had to return a few but have not had to return one to Sarco yet.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Northampton County)

Don't really care if you call me out or not, I'm just saying what happened. Let me put it to you this way, 44 of the rounds in the box of 50 measured .9755, federal brass, brass colored primers, some had dings in them and definate indications of powder burns. 6 of the rounds measures .944, not federal brass, silver primers, definate indications of powder burns. Believe me or not, I don't care, that is what I got and that is what I think. Still not going back.

What does only having 2 posts have to do with anything? I'll take 2 informative posts over a bunch of babble any day. I'm sure you picked up the phone and called SARCO, just because you had nothing better to do then to try to prove me wrong. Just like I had nothing better to do then to fabricate a story to get a rise out of a few people that are obviously affiliated in some way to SARCO.

Anyway, I won't waste any more of my time caught up in typing my defense, I'd rather go do dome reloading so I can go shooting later. How much wasted time does it take to accumulate hundreds of posts? Wow, must have a lot going on there, a real computer commando.
    Last edited by AFK1974; September 4th, 2011 at 08:48 AM.

They recently moved there from Stirling, NJ and the key word here is 'Surplus"........have been in the Jersey store a few times, purchased a few cleaning kits and 1911 mags..............IMO, mostly JUNK... unless you need parts for some Argentine rifle from 40 years ago.

. . .

What does only having 2 posts have to do with anything?. . . . .
    At this point, you now have a total of 4 posts up, which are really just 2 posts that you copied into 2 threads. And 100% of your posts are attacking SARCO.

People with high post counts have at least shown that their intent is not limited to being a sock puppet to praise themselves or attack a competitor while pretending to be someone else. People with high post counts have shown something of who they are, they prove that they know stuff or are usually wrong, they prove that they have a sense of proportion or they get very excited when their day is disturbed. We know something of them, and we have a basis for deciding whether they're probably telling the truth, or are making up the facts.

We can evaluate their personality by noting whether they attack the forum as soon as we fail to accept and agree and honor their typed words. Like you did.

.. . . Just like I had nothing better to do then to fabricate a story to get a rise out of a few people that are obviously affiliated in some way to SARCO.
    . . . . .
    This is what's known as "projection", where someone assumes that others either share their own failings, or someone manages to believe that the evil they do is actually committed by others, instead. We see it when Al Sharpton accuses others of thinking of all things in racial terms, we see it when Al Gore accuses Bush of "trying to steal the election through the courts", we see it when cheaters "find" evidence of infidelity in their faithful spouses.

And I see it when someone with zero track record makes an accusation without proof, and assumes that the people who doubt him must be posting solely out of personal pecuniary interest. This tells me that such a motive is prominent in your mind, and that there's a strong possibility that you own or work for an existing gun dealer in the same market now served by the SARCO Pennsylvania store.

It's a weakness in forums that allow anonymous posting. I suppose the next step will be for "another" new member to chime in with a similar story of SARCO reloads or exploded guns or a live scorpion found in a SARCO pair of surplus arctic boots, but this one will have posted a dozen times in a dozen random threads since joining a few days ago for verisimilitude.

Much like the Progressives who attempt to infiltrate gun forums, it's hard to get the lingo and attitude right. We can usually spot the dishonest posters, because (a) we aren't as dumb as they think, and (b) they aren't as smart as they think.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast