Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Email I just sent to Waynesboro

Titled: Park ordinance in violation of state code.

"It has been brought to my attention that The borough of Waynesboro is in violation of Title 18, Chapter 61, subchapter A, subsection 6120, which states "General rule: No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth.” Waynesboro park rule and regulation #16 states "No firearms of any type shall be permitted to be carried or discharged in any park". Rule 16 is clearly in violation of state law and therefore is not legally enforcable and as such should be amended as soon as possible. This would benefit the borough by reducing the possiblity of an encounter between a city official wrongfully enforcing rule 16 and a law abiding citizen who is exercising their 2nd amendment rights while enjoying the borough's parks. As a courtesy, please keep me informed of any actions the borough takes in this matter.

Thank you,

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Email I just sent to Waynesboro

To whom did you send it?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Franklin County)

They have an email for comments and complaints. I dont know who in particualr it goes to first.
    If I dont receive a reply in a few days I will follow up with the counsil president, vice president and city manager.

(Montgomery County)

I hope you get a better response than I do in my Home-town. I've sent two seperate emails to the Hatboro Town Hall with questions about local ordinances, and I sent them about 6 months apart... neither of them ever got a response.

Makes me wonder what I'm paying a local tax for... and then I remember we have a pretty damned good fireworks show every year.

(Franklin County)

I hope I do too. Ive got alot going on right now and dont need the extra crap of babysitting my local officials.

(Butler County)

any word yet on your email or follow up?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMonkey View Post
    any word yet on your email or follow up?
    No reply. Ive given it a couple of weeks. This weekend I'll compose an email to the borough counsel vice president, the city manager and the police chief. We will see if I get a response from one of those.
    I considered going to a public counsel meeting except their website says they will only hear from residents of the borough and Im not a borough resident, so I'll be doing this by email unless they request a meeting. I prefer email, that way there's a written record of what transpires.

(Butler County)

if you could post the email address and/or site that we can contribute to, that would be great. We all fight the same fight

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMonkey View Post
    if you could post the email address and/or site that we can contribute to, that would be great. We all fight the same fight
    Here are some email addresses. If you look through their site you will see the park regulations.
    http://www.waynesboropa.org/government.htm

Here is the only Waynesboro PD email Ive been able to find. Its for Kim Green (the secretary I believe)
    kgreen@waynesboropolice.com

(Franklin County)

Sorry, I forgot to get back to this thread.
    Here is a copy of an email I sent a few days ago to the borough manager and board members.

"Dear sirs,
    This is a follow up email is in regard to the Borough of Waynesboro being in violation of PA C.S. Title 18, Chap 61, Subchapter A, Section 6120, (a)"General rule. No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful ownership, possession, transfer or transportation of firearms, ammunition or ammunition components when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this commonwealth."

Waynesboro parks have regulatory signs posted at all parks and the borough of Waynesboro has park regulations shown on their website stating " No firearms of any type shall be permitted to be carried or discharged in any park.".

This regulation is in clear violation of PA Statute section 6120,(a).

This email is a follow up of a comment I sent to the borough via the borough's website. I sent the comment on 08/26/11 and have recieved no communication back from the borough on this issue. I don't expect immediate action on this issue, although immediate action would surely benefit the borough by correcting what is essentually an unlawful regulation, I do expect the common courtesy of basic communication informing me that the matter is being taken seriously and will be corrected. I prefer email communications as it provides a binding written record of exchanges.
    Thank you for your time and consideration,
    Ray Huffman

Here is a reply I got back a day later.
    "This will be referred to the
    Borough's legal advisor for review.
    I did not receive the earlier correspondence."

And my reply to his reply.
    "Thank you for your quick reply and your action in this matter.
    Ray"

I will stay on top of this. At least someone has acknowledged me, thats a start.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast