Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Franklin County)

Default Re: Email I just sent to Waynesboro

Quote Originally Posted by MicroMonkey View Post
    keep at it, and thank you for doing what you are doing. +1
    No problem but I don't live inside the borough (I live about 1/2 mile outside the borough) so if they get real hardheaded about it, I'm kind of limited in how I can approach it. Their counsel meeting rules state that anyone who speaks at the meetings must be a resident of Waynesboro.
    You wouldnt happen to live in Waynesboro would you?

(Butler County)

no, I live in fayetteville

(Franklin County)

Any updates on this?

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Rider4Life01 View Post
    Any updates on this?
    Nope.
    As far as I know they still prohibit firearms in the parks, at least that's what their website and the park signs say.
    Waynesboro council did pass a resolution to change the rules but it's been almost a year and they've never changed their site or their signs.
    I'll be honest, life got in the way and I forgot about it. It hasn't stopped me from carrying in the parks though, because I know the regs have been changed even if the signs haven't. Without any backing from the state, any threats I make are hollow anyway. Basically, because I'm not a resident of Waynesboro, so I may not be allowed to speak at meetings, after I've complained and they still don't change it, all I'm left with is to say "please".
    Maybe I'll shoot off another email to find out why they haven't changed the signs or website. If I didn't have a job and other things I would get myself arrested for carrying in the park and bring a whole shit storm down on them. Unfortunitely that's not going to happen.

(Dauphin County)

In the 3 years I've lived in Franklin County (resident of Adams prior) I've learned that getting any public official to do anything is almost impossible. It seems they don't respond until the issue goes public, addressing them directly they just ignore it and go on. If you really want to do something about it you'll have to write a letter to the editor of the local paper, post something on Facebook, Twitter or some other social media that A LOT of people will see in a short time. Unfortunately that seems to be the only way to get anything done anymore. Odds are, no one within the Borough even knows the laws themselves.

I lived in the Borough of Chambersburg for a year and asked what their bicycle laws were...when and where could they be ridden on the sidewalk. The cops didn't know themselves so they emailed me a link to a 700 page pdf file of town laws and ordinances and told me to figure it out myself.

(Franklin County)

That sucks about the borough. I just ride on the sidewalks until someone complains. The way people drive in this town I would never hit the road with a bike.

(Franklin County)

Ive wrote emails with no response... I guess I'm going to need go a little further... Other than that Im glad to see there are a few locals on here... Im always up for a group outing to the range come spring... Where do you all shoot? Seems like Chambersburg rod and gun club is the best around as far as rules and allowing guests...

(Dauphin County)

In the winter I head to the mountains of Adams County to my parents' house to do any shooting with long guns. For hand guns I head to Chambersburg's indoor range:

http://www.shootersrangepa.com/chamb...ing-range.html

I'm surprised with how many people in the area don't know it is there!

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by kismet1113 View Post
    In the winter I head to the mountains of Adams County to my parents' house to do any shooting with long guns. For hand guns I head to Chambersburg's indoor range:

http://www.shootersrangepa.com/chamb...ing-range.html

I'm surprised with how many people in the area don't know it is there!
    Can you tell us anything about this range? Ive been meaning to get up that way with some noobie shooters but was curious about the cost of renting a lane, or how everything works there....

(Dauphin County)

I haven't been there yet this winter, since the weather has been mild I've been outside more...but it used to be around $7 for a half hour and about $11 or so for a full hour to rent a lane. If you had a 2nd shooter in the lane with you they could shoot for half price. They have targets and decently priced ammo available if you either don't have or wish to shoot more than you brought. Guys there typically know their stuff and are more than willing to help as they have NRA certified staff. Check out their website or give them a call, everyone I have ever dealt with there has been friendly. There are also a lot of different gun clubs in Franklin County if you'd prefer to join one. I'm told the Frontier County Gun Club is the best one to join and they are out of Chambersburg, google them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast