Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Considering joining SCCSFA

Quote Originally Posted by 5711-Marine View Post
    thanks. I plan on going to the next orientation meeting.
    Let me know when you become a member. Would love to meet some folks from the forum as me, my wife, and my friends like to go there pretty often. I recently got my hands on a few more Geissele triggers. If anyone catches me there, you're more than welcome to take my rifles for a spin provided you supply your own ammo of course

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Let me know when you become a member. Would love to meet some folks from the forum as me, my wife, and my friends like to go there pretty often. I recently got my hands on a few more Geissele triggers. If anyone catches me there, you're more than welcome to take my rifles for a spin provided you supply your own ammo of course
    Thanks, Will do...
    Of every one hundred men in battle, ten should not even be there. Eighty, are nothing but targets. Nine are the real fighters, we are lucky to have them since they make the battle. Ah, but the one—one is the Warrior—and he brings the others home. —Heracletus

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by West Chester View Post
    I live near there and have considered joining as well. I know you have to be a NRA member and that kinda bothers me.
    There is one thing I believe most people do not realize. NRA insures most all of the gun clubs and ranges. The reason? 99% of insurance companies will not even touch a liability/ insurance policy to most gun shops or ranges. That where NRA steps in and takes on the ball. I can't blame them (NRA) for wanting their members to contibute to there on going efforts, to keep us shooting.

(Delaware County)

Smile Re: Considering joining SCCSFA

I have been thinking about joining for a couple of years. I joined DCFS since I live 10 minutes away but my wife works at New Bolton center and I can come with her on the weekends and shoot while she works or plays with her horse. Looks like a nice club and the USPSA matches are of interest to me.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by nonlinr View Post
    I have been thinking about joining for a couple of years. I joined DCFS since I live 10 minutes away but my wife works at New Bolton center and I can come with her on the weekends and shoot while she works or plays with her horse. Looks like a nice club and the USPSA matches are of interest to me.
    I think the USPSA matches are open to anyone. I think they're held the 3rd Saturday of every month. Just park your car in the lot and head down to the range.

(Chester County)

I was just able to get registered for the next available orientation meeting. But that meeting isn't until May 29th.

I don't mind since I live right outside of Kennett Square and can be at SCCSFA in about 10 minutes. I may even go over to the open trap shoot tomorrow just to check things out.

I've been a member there since August. I like it there. I get out about twice a month. I've only run into one person with an irrationally bad attitude there, everyone else has been friendly or just kept to themselves. I've spent many hours talking guns {plus trying out new guns and sharing mine with others)and have learned a lot. The club can get crowded on the weekends but I've always been able to find a spot on one of the ranges. (although not the one I always want) Heck the only reason I would bad mouth the range would be to keep new people away so there is less competition for the ranges but that would be dishonest

If you do decide to join you need to call or e mail Amy in the office before the orientation meeting. They only accept 30 new members a month and they like to be prepared ahead of time.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by internet troll View Post
    I've been a member there since August. I like it there. I get out about twice a month. I've only run into one person with an irrationally bad attitude there, everyone else has been friendly or just kept to themselves.
    Next time you have a bad encounter with a member at the club, try and get either the member name, member number, or time and which range the person was on. This information can be forwarded to either Amy or her husband, Dave. Both are great and valuable board members of the club.

Amy has always been helpful, not sure if I've met her husband. Good club where I have learned a lot.

(Chester County)

I went over today just to check things out. I met Amy and talked to her for a little while and she said that they are considering capping membership. They may have the enrollment at the June meeting, but after that they're not sure if they'll accept any more for the year. They won't know till the board discusses it.

I also met Amy's husband Dave down on the rifle range and chatted with him for a while too. Also a very nice guy to talk to. He's an NRA rifle instructor.

At the last range I looked at there was a guy shooting at the 100 yd range with an AR that was a 6.8 x 43mm. He was using some hand loads that were giving him problems and the loads weren't always chambering the right way. He was very nice to talk to and didn't mind my questions or me watching him.

I look forward to joining.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast