Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Ruby Pistol??

(Allegheny County)

Default Ruby Pistol??

Well the collection I got keeps growing and my stack of odd guns also grows. The same basement were I found 3 rifles and a colt pistol payed off again with a ruby pistol. This is a very weird pistol when I fist saw it I thought colt or browning but when I got closer it was neither. I picked up the pistol and check to make sure it was not loaded and the barrel falls out. Laughing the owner and I both look at each other and he says if you want you can have it. So me a constant collector says what the heck and added it to my collection. Now I always like to clean my adds even if there falling apart. So I decided to look up some info on the pistol. I found how to stick the barrel back in and also that the gun is from WWI and was used by the french but was built by the Spanish. I have never heard of these guns before and that is why I am here to pick your brains and see what the heck do I got here. Is it treasure or junk?? please help.
    Last edited by dlk51; August 24th, 2011 at 08:47 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: Ruby Pistol??

Quote Originally Posted by dlk51 View Post
    Well the collection I got keeps growing and my stack of odd guns also grows. The same basement were I found 3 rifles and a colt pistol payed off again with a ruby pistol. This is a very weird pistol when I fist saw it I thought colt or browning but when I got closer it was neither. I picked up the pistol and check to make sure it was no loaded and the barrel falls out. Laughing the owner and I both look at each other and he says if you want you can have it. So me a constant collector says what the heck and added it to my collection. Now I always like to clean my adds even if there falling apart decided to look up some info on the pistol. I found how to stick the barrel back in and also that the gun is from WWI and was used by the french but was built by the Spanish. I have never heard of these guns before and that is why I am here to pick your brains and see what the heck do I got here. Is it treasure or junk?? please help.
    Here's Wikipedia's take on the Ruby:

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...9-K8Runon9bImg

(Lawrence County)

Everything is treasure, even if it's junk... You're going to have some trouble finding parts for it, but once it's cleaned up, it should be a nice little pistol... .32ACP isn't a bad round for occasional plinking.

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Allegheny County)

Well I cleaned it up and everything looks good but I'll prob never shoot it. It is not the safest gun I have ever seen and had many issues like going automatic by mistake. So going in the safe for now.