Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Thumbs down Cabela's : What a scam!

Anyone get thier last flyer for the sale last week? I'm not sure about other products but 2 stood out, Both Remmys. The ADL combo for $399 and the SPS varmit for $549. I called on the 17th to check stock and was told by a clerk in firearms "I'm not sure what we have, just stop in and we'll look". On the 18th I called back, Different clerk, "Not yet, Remington just sends us a lot of stuff, we cant keep track of it". WTF? So I called back on friday at about and get told "None in stock". I'm glad I didn't drive done there from Pa. I really don't care for bait and switch advertising, I'm done with these clowns.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Cabela's : What a scam!

It is not necessarily a scam. I have the same experience with ALL retail sales places nowadays. I swear most of them never went to school, much less care about their work ethic. Apparently knowing about what you are selling is not a requirement in these big boxes.

That's why I love online shopping.

(Bucks County)

They do not have to have it in stock to sell you the gun. They are a large retailer.. they could have got it form another store or from the manufacturer themselves.

I love Cabela's and never had a problem with anything.

(Bucks County)

I would think that if it's an advertised special but not in stock, they could order it for you and charge you the advertised sale price.

(Allegheny County)

I have given up on Gander and Dick's Sporting Goods and try to shop exclusively at Cabelas their customer service has been GREAT to me.

(Bucks County)

Well the best places are your local shops. If they go under you will only have the large spots and ultimately will be their bitch.

Pay a little more for local.... it is worth it in the long run.

CP
    Tanners
    Cabelas - hunting gear
    Dicks - end of year sale items

(Adams County)

Cabelas is huge. They have dozens of cases of guns, I wouldn't be shocked if they had no clue what was there without doing some serious searching.

The guy who said "No" probably was the least honest of all of them.

camper
    It's the 2nd Amendment that protects all others

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by thefirstndsecond View Post
    They do not have to have it in stock to sell you the gun. They are a large retailer.. they could have got it form another store or from the manufacturer themselves.

I love Cabela's and never had a problem with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by bac0nfat View Post
    I would think that if it's an advertised special but not in stock, they could order it for you and charge you the advertised sale price.
    I've dealt with this before with Cabelas, as said, they are a large chain store, if it's in the flyer it's in at least one of their stores and can be shipped to your local store. This was the answer I got from them when I asked about in store stock on an item I wanted. They should automatically offer to "search" other stores IMO, but if they don't your should ask.

Quote Originally Posted by camper View Post
    Cabelas is huge. They have dozens of cases of guns, I wouldn't be shocked if they had no clue what was there without doing some serious searching.

The guy who said "No" probably was the least honest of all of them.

camper
    I don't know....they have the computer search for customer use in the store. Besides, in today's world of technology every single thing in their store is in a hard drive somewhere. The OP sounds more like a clerk who knew the items would sell without having to go through the effort of looking it up for a guy on the phone who may or may not purchase the item. A lot less work if he just blows you off and sells it to the guy standing in front of him. Certainly not right, but that goes on in some places.
    When the SHTF......be the fan.

(Montgomery County)

Should just call down the street to Schuylkill gun works, they have a bunch of rifle, and small selection of hand guns.. But that beats the 2 hours background check my cousin went through when he bought his son a 410. That was in addition to the hour or so wait for his number to be called.. He got a decent price on it, but, he ended up buying dinner for everyone there while waiting.. so did he really save anything, LoL..

I've bought mostly camping stuff and clothing there and haven't had any issues with service. I'm allergic to lines and waiting, there are many times I walk in, pick out what I want, get to a long, slow line and drop the items and leave.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast