Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bucktails.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Bucktails.

I'm glad you like it. It's a nice little club. You'll usually find me with my GSG 1911-22 in the indoor basement range.

(Beaver County)

I have a couple of friends that are members there, I am going to the monthly meeting this Tuesday to apply for membership.

(Beaver County)

I was a member, there, for a couple of years. I shot some skeet, and trap, but spent most of my time on the rifle range. They do have some rules that probably made sense, at one time, but are a little annoying. For instance, no guests are allowed, at all, during the month of November. You can't even bring your brother, if he's not a member, to sight in his rifle before opening day. Hmm.

The politics at the meetings were ridiculous, at times, with some very immature older men acting like little kids. At one meeting, I thought there was going to be a fist fight.

They have some really nice events, with great food, and there are some really good people there, too.

I decided to take advantage of the weak real estate market and bought a farm so I can make my own rules.
    Kevin Singleton, Potawatomi - {ZRT - Sector 4}

I haven't been to a meeting yet due to my work schedule, but have been to the rifle range a few times. It was empty twice and had a couple of other shooters, including a young kid, once. I open carried each time, no one bothered me.

I am curious to see how open carry is received at the meetings, and since you mentioned grumpy old men, I have a feeling that some may have a negative opinion about it.

Justin

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I haven't been to a meeting yet due to my work schedule, but have been to the rifle range a few times. It was empty twice and had a couple of other shooters, including a young kid, once. I open carried each time, no one bothered me.

I am curious to see how open carry is received at the meetings, and since you mentioned grumpy old men, I have a feeling that some may have a negative opinion about it.

Justin
    There are "Fudds". There are women, and some younger people, but mostly there are the guys who've been there since rocks were soft, and they are dead set against changing anything.

Don't let me deter you, though. It's a great range, most days, especially since the rifle benches were rebuilt. If they're shooting skeet, or trap, though, you're going to get crumbs on your truck.

(Beaver County)

just joined bucktail and made the meeting for the month.as soon as i got out of my suv i new a couple people.

the meeting was good no fights broke out and the raffels are pretty sweet.

went to the range on tuesday and stayed from 10:30 till almost 2:30 had a great time talking to the other guys that where their.don't know why i did not join years ago.

guess thats why my shoulder hurts,ha ha
    do you feel lucky punk,well do ya!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by kevindsingleton View Post
    It's a great range, most days, especially since the rifle benches were rebuilt. If they're shooting skeet, or trap, though, you're going to get crumbs on your truck.

It is a nice range. I was a member there for a couple years til I found someplace closer to home.

It was my understanding that while the trap and skeet ranges were being used, the rifle range was closed.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb74 View Post
    It is a nice range. I was a member there for a couple years til I found someplace closer to home.

It was my understanding that while the trap and skeet ranges were being used, the rifle range was closed.
    I shot in several trap matches with Scott, who was the president at the time, and there were usually people down there on the rifle range. I didn't understand why you'd want to put up with that.

I shot skeet at night, so the rifle range was closed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12