Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lancaster County)

Default The Nation's Gun Show

Show is the entire weekend. I'm posting this here because a friend of mine just invited me down. I had never heard of this one before, anyone here ever gone? It's not terribly far if it's a good show.

http://thenationsgunshow.com/

Default Re: The Nation's Gun Show

Went to the one this past July. Its a pretty good show, draws a large crowd on sat/sun... I'd say its comparable to Valley Forge, in terms of variety.

Had a lot of decent deals on ammo, AR parts, C&R, etc.
    Last edited by ajax; August 27th, 2011 at 09:11 PM.
    I never sold my right to decide, it was taken from me - Machinae Supremacy

Went last year, very good show, advertised 1200 tables and the building was packed.
    Very little junk and an amazing amount of firearms.

(Lancaster County)

I just got back from the show a little while ago after leaving here at 6:30am. I'd say this show is definitely worth it. Lots of good deals, very limited crap unlike Valley Forge. Hooter's Girls handing out something at the door, and Hooters within walking distance.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I just got back from the show a little while ago . . . Hooter's Girls handing out something at the door . . .

I hope it's not contagious.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    I hope it's not contagious.

Noah
    As far as I know, it was a piece of paper, I didn't really bother to see what it actually was.

When we left to get lunch we asked them if we could carry our sidearms into Hooters, they didn't know and said to ask the manager. Which we did, she didn't know but said she'd check. Came back a couple minutes later and said we could as long as we weren't drinking. Not sure if that's VA state law or not. I did ask her if Hooters' corporate policy was to follow state law though, she said "yes".

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    As far as I know, it was a piece of paper, I didn't really bother to see what it actually was.

When we left to get lunch we asked them if we could carry our sidearms into Hooters, they didn't know and said to ask the manager. Which we did, she didn't know but said she'd check. Came back a couple minutes later and said we could as long as we weren't drinking. Not sure if that's VA state law or not. I did ask her if Hooters' corporate policy was to follow state law though, she said "yes".
    if I may: http://handgunlaw.us/states/virginia.pdf

Places Off-Limits Even With A Permit/License
    Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.
    Violation is a trespass charge and not a firearms violation. § 18.2-308
     Carrying dangerous weapon to place of religious worship while a meeting for religious purposes is
    being held unless you have "good and sufficient reason." There is no known definition of what a
    good and sufficient reason would be. Violation is a minor crime, punishable by a fine of up to $100.
    § 18.2-283 Note: See AG’s Opinion IN AG Opinions/Court Cases Section Below)
     Courthouse. Violation is a high-level misdemeanor. § 18.2-283.1
     School property/school functions (School busses are school property) unless gun is unloaded, in an
    enclosed container (but NOT in the glove box or console) and in the vehicle. A car's trunk is
    considered an enclosed container. However, a concealed handgun permit holder can have a loaded,
    concealed handgun in the vehicle while in the school parking lot, traffic circle, etc. The concealed
    handgun and the permit holder must stay in the vehicle. Firearms are not banned from property open
    to the public where a school function is being held unless that property is being used exclusively for
    the school function. Violation of this statute is a felony. § 18.2-308.1
     Non-secure areas of airport terminals are off limits unless you are a passenger and you have your gun
    unloaded, in a locked container in your checked luggage, and declare the gun at the check-in counter.
    Violation is a high-level misdemeanor. § 18.2-287.01
     Regional Jail or Juvenile Detention Facility. § 15.2-915
     Virginia Commonwealth University 8VAC90-10-50
    And a little further down:
    Carry in Restaurants That Serve Alcohol

YES
    Looks like Hooters needs to brush up a bit on state law...
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(York County)

mp517prct attended this show a few years ago. Not a bad show, not too packed, IIRC, which was nice. I believe we came home with a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and we were able to introduce a friend who lived in DC to firearms. Although, I do seem to remember some idiot dealer calling us girlies and generally being an idiot and doing what he could to turn her off to guns. It was offset by a very nice dealer who took quite a bit of time to talk to her and explain about machine guns and such.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by kipper View Post
    mp517prct attended this show a few years ago. Not a bad show, not too packed, IIRC, which was nice. I believe we came home with a Mosin Nagant 91/30, and we were able to introduce a friend who lived in DC to firearms. Although, I do seem to remember some idiot dealer calling us girlies and generally being an idiot and doing what he could to turn her off to guns. It was offset by a very nice dealer who took quite a bit of time to talk to her and explain about machine guns and such.
    That's one thing I forgot about that I mentioned to my friend that hasn't really attended any gun shows before. I didn't see a single crate of Mosin's there. Lots of other really nice guns, first time I've seen Stoeger Coach guns at a show, but the guy wanted way to much for them. I'm wondering if it was because it was in VA, I can walk into my local shop and pick one up for MSRP, and these guys were $75 to $100 over that.