Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Adams County)

Angry Carrying at Lowes

so....I carry my weapon every where i go as long as i stay in the state of PA....

I go to the Lowes in Waynesboro quite often, and carried every time i have gone. After being there for about....30 minutes or so, im looking at the plywood, and a very tall fellow (an employee) approched me and asked if i was law enforcement. i responded with "no sir, im not", he responded with "well, it is corporate policy that only law enforcement is allowed to carry a weapon inside the store" i replied with "oh, is it posted on your door?" he said "no" and i said, "oh, well i recommend posting it on the door so people will know.",at which point in time, he asked me to step outside and place the weapon in my vehicle. I did as he asked, and while i was out in my vehicle decided to call "corporate" and ask what their policy was, their answer was "It is Lowes policy to follow local, county, state, and federal laws when it comes to firearms and do not have anything stating that you cannot carry your weapon in the store"

AWESOME, so i walked back into the store (left my weapon in the car) and asked to speak with the manager, and told him what corporate told me, and he said that he was the one that sent the guy to talk to me. He said that he had a couple of employees that were uncomfortable with me carrying my firearm. He also stated that he found it to be odd that i would carry a firearm, and in 23 years of working at several Lowes stores in PA (and 1 in Ohio), he has NEVER seen someone carry a firearm while shopping there. It was a "first" for him. He didnt say why he didnt know what ACTUAL corporate policy was, and he didnt say WHY he sent an employee to address it rather than addressing it himself AS THE MANAGER. He did say that he will "get with" corporate, and the other managers of the store, and they will "do an investigation" and will figure out what is or isnt allowed, and that they will be posting a sign on their door.

I apologize for the lengthy story. And just for the record, my tone during this whole thing was very polite. as was the managers, and the employees.

(Franklin County)

Default Re: Carrying at Lowes

Quote Originally Posted by Oppie View Post
    so....I carry my weapon every where i go as long as i stay in the state of PA....

I go to the Lowes in Waynesboro quite often, and carried every time i have gone. After being there for about....30 minutes or so, im looking at the plywood, and a very tall fellow (an employee) approched me and asked if i was law enforcement. i responded with "no sir, im not", he responded with "well, it is corporate policy that only law enforcement is allowed to carry a weapon inside the store" i replied with "oh, is it posted on your door?" he said "no" and i said, "oh, well i recommend posting it on the door so people will know.",at which point in time, he asked me to step outside and place the weapon in my vehicle. I did as he asked, and while i was out in my vehicle decided to call "corporate" and ask what their policy was, their answer was "It is Lowes policy to follow local, county, state, and federal laws when it comes to firearms and do not have anything stating that you cannot carry your weapon in the store"

AWESOME, so i walked back into the store (left my weapon in the car) and asked to speak with the manager, and told him what corporate told me, and he said that he was the one that sent the guy to talk to me. He said that he had a couple of employees that were uncomfortable with me carrying my firearm. He also stated that he found it to be odd that i would carry a firearm, and in 23 years of working at several Lowes stores in PA (and 1 in Ohio), he has NEVER seen someone carry a firearm while shopping there. It was a "first" for him. He didnt say why he didnt know what ACTUAL corporate policy was, and he didnt say WHY he sent an employee to address it rather than addressing it himself AS THE MANAGER. He did say that he will "get with" corporate, and the other managers of the store, and they will "do an investigation" and will figure out what is or isnt allowed, and that they will be posting a sign on their door.

I apologize for the lengthy story. And just for the record, my tone during this whole thing was very polite. as was the managers, and the employees.
    Do you have names of the manager you spoke to, and/or the name of the person at corporate you spoke with? I'd like to follow up on this.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Allegheny County)

Exclamation Re: Carrying at Lowes

I have an idiot cousin, VERY highly placed at Lowes HQ down in Charlotte (a lawyer, of course... ), and let me just say, there's a REASON around OUR house why we say... Lowes BLOWS!

Glad to see you stuck it to 'em, though!

Update: Haw haw - seems my idiot cousin was sent into retirement by Lowes in 2006 (this is how little my side of the family keeps up with his!). He's now listed as a "private investor!" Probably because, he couldn't grow stink on a monkey!!!
    Last edited by The_War_Wagon; August 21st, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

(Lancaster County)

As store manager it is HIS responsibility to know corporate policy. If I were you, I would be contacting corporate to tell them they have an incompetent manager working there and he should probably be replaced.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

The manager had his goon lie directly to your face and got all defensive when you called him out on his bullshit. Typical anti behavior.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    Do you have names of the manager you spoke to, and/or the name of the person at corporate you spoke with? I'd like to follow up on this.
    the manager's name is David, and i want to say the ladies name was Danielle but i cant swear to it.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppie View Post
    the manager's name is David, and i want to say the ladies name was Danielle but i cant swear to it.
    How about the date and approximate time that this occurred?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    How about the date and approximate time that this occurred?
    It happened this evening probably somewhere around 5ish.

(Franklin County)

My buddy works there, and my wife used to. That very store. No one in there had an issue, likly a customer. Dumb as hell.

you know ut not suppossed to leave your gun in your car.
    Last edited by leplat; August 23rd, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by leplat View Post
    My buddy works there, and my wife used to. That very store. No one in there had an issue, trust me on that one and that manager is a retard. Dumb as hell.

you know ut not suppossed to leave your gun in your car.
    I've never had an issue, Ive been in there countless times, and carried every time ive been in there. Not once (until tonight) has anyone said anything about it.

Typically, i wouldnt have left my gun in the car. However, i needed a few items to build a reptile cage, and i wasnt going to waste the 40 minute round trip.

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast