Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Private range??

(Pike County)

Default Private range??

Might sound like a crazy request, but am looking to make friends with someone with a shooting range on their own private property. I'd like to shoot with you on it if possible. I normally go to SGL183 but lately, too many lunatics at that place that I feel unsafe to shoot alone. Anyway, I live in Shohola... if you're willing to buddy up with me and let me shoot on your property with you, that would be fantastic. If not, I'll brave SGL183 and hope I don't end up as a byline in the local rag...

Thanks for reading!

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Private range??

I don't have a private range but might be interested in joining you at the public range. I usually shoot alone and am in the Scranton/WB area, about one hour from Milford. I am ALWAYS armed for defense at the range regardless of the rules. It is simply a defense issue, that's all.

Where is the range located? I often find myself trying to educate those who don't know any better but are sincere and intimidating those who are just A-HOLES. They are at every range.

(Pike County)

If you drive another 30-35 minutes you can goto a public range...thats usually very quiet, and kept secret from the migrants of the comunist states..

My understanding there WAS a range down my way on rt739 in Dingmans . But due to alot of folks dumping crap like the range your talking about. They decided to shut it down.

Snert..

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    I don't have a private range but might be interested in joining you at the public range. I usually shoot alone and am in the Scranton/WB area, about one hour from Milford. I am ALWAYS armed for defense at the range regardless of the rules. It is simply a defense issue, that's all.

Where is the range located? I often find myself trying to educate those who don't know any better but are sincere and intimidating those who are just A-HOLES. They are at every range.
    Depending on weather, I try to head out to 183 on either Saturday or Sunday. I will probably be there this Saturday. If you're interested in meeting up, let me know via PM.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post
    If you drive another 30-35 minutes you can goto a public range...thats usually very quiet, and kept secret from the migrants of the comunist states..

Snert..
    Interesting. Would you be able to share the location of that range with me via PM?

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Snert View Post

My understanding there WAS a range down my way on rt739 in Dingmans . But due to alot of folks dumping crap like the range your talking about. They decided to shut it down.

Snert..
    Id love to know where that range is. Its not exactly fun to wonder if someones going to flag you with the muzzle or send off a random at the SGL and the only other range I know of is the matamoras rod and gun club range. SGL gets so bad I don't even like to attempt it on a friday afternoon or a weekend at any time.

(Wayne County)

How's it going everyone? Is 183 still out if control even after they charge everyone for a range permit now? It's still unfortunate that the shotgun range closed down.

Snert- it's been a while man. How've you been? I picked up an HK SOCOM recently. I ordered a suppressor for it but you know how long it takes for the approval. We should definitely plan a mini-group shoot one of these days.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post
    How's it going everyone? Is 183 still out if control even after they charge everyone for a range permit now? It's still unfortunate that the shotgun range closed down.

Snert- it's been a while man. How've you been? I picked up an HK SOCOM recently. I ordered a suppressor for it but you know how long it takes for the approval. We should definitely plan a mini-group shoot one of these days.
    I wont go on a weekend. If I do go I blow a day off work or work from home and go early during the week. shooting at the 100 isnt as bad as the handgun or the 50 but I still dont like to be around the riff raff that comes in. Ive been out there at least a half dozen times and never seen a conservation officer. I wouldnt mind getting out there with some others who actually know how to handle a firearm and have some cool toys of their own.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by SFMarine View Post

HOLY COW POOP BATMAN!!! SFmarine, where the hell ya been??? Well I did a OC/CC meet and greet lunch a few months ago. we had about 25 folks show up. I am in the works of planning another one, but might see if I can get a few guest speakers to donate some time.

But still alive and kickin, just gettin older and expanding the collection some. CharlieB is still around some, He's got the trap bug. But He and I hit alot of gunshows, and come home with new additions to the collections. The wives arent happy about it but hey, its an investment...

Snert..

(Wayne County)

Haha you probably thought my inactive reserve status was reversed. Been busy..I completed my 4 year degree. Now I'm having the pleasure of finding a job.

25 for an OC dinner is a great turn out! Keep me updated on anything else you are planning. I'm glad to hear Charlie is doing well.

Investing in guns is a lot better than the stock market right now.

"I Am Become Death" - J. Robert Oppenheimer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast