Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OC Updates

(Northampton County)

Default OC Updates

I usually don't do this anymore. Nothing interesting happens and when it does it's minor, positive questions or comments. Had a couple people bring it up in public recently and decided to post something since most people don't bother anymore.

A guy at a gas station asked me what I was carrying. This guy has seen me carry about once a month for a few years and noticed it at least some of the time. We started talking about handguns for a bit.

I was at a grocery store and a healthy, tattooed young man pushing 30, accompanied by his pre-teen son, stated, "That makes me feel safe."

Took me a split second to realize and then I asked him if he was talking to me (just to get him to speak more) and he repeated it and expressed a couple of times that he thought it was a good thing.

(Berks County)

Default Re: OC Updates

I 2nd the gentlemans 'feel safe' comment. I usually feel safer when I see someone OCing.
    Let's not forget there are still species of tropical penguins living in the Galapagos.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    I 2nd the gentlemans 'feel safe' comment. I usually feel safer when I see someone OCing.
    I second that motion as well.

(Erie County)

Sorry, but I feel safer when I carry. Maybe the tattooed, young man should start carrying, to feel safe, all the time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

Not much interesting happens around here anymore with regard to OC either. I almost had an interesting event Saturday evening. I was OC deepinaharta York at a cigar store. All the others in the store were fine with it, and were friendly while Mrs. Plinker and I hung out talking for a while. There were a few questions asked about the laws, and one man made the comment that the only people they see open carrying are cops. Apparently a lot of York cops frequent the store. One of them, I learned afterwards, was the infamous Officer Fells who has been the nemesis of Computer Steve. But apparently none of them needed any smokes that evening. So yeah, boring, but that's the way it should be.

(Montgomery County)

Lightbulb Re: OC Updates

You shoulda mentioned to them what an asshole officer Fells is. That way, they may look upon him FAR differently the next time they encounter him.

Quote Originally Posted by Yentl Marmelstein View Post
    You shoulda mentioned to them what an asshole officer Fells is. That way, they may look upon him FAR differently the next time they encounter him.

I didn't find out Fells was one of the cops until I was 25 miles down the road. Even so, I have a thing about making strong statements like that to people who I don't know, and might be good friends of the subject. I'd rather ask some questions first. Even people like Fells have friends.

I give, what's the deal with Fells? Linky thing?

Quote Originally Posted by donotknowme View Post
    I've only seen one possible OCer . I used to see a gentleman in Easton OC in the Wawa on College Hill. He was always with someone else so I couldn't tell if he was LEO or not and I never bothered to ask. I can't say I feel safer if I see someone OCing, but I certainly don't feel less safe.
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Sorry, but I feel safer when I carry. Maybe the tattooed, young man should start carrying, to feel safe, all the time.
    You bring up a good point that was immediately apparent to me.

I had a man, with his son, telling me that my firearm made him feel safe. That was a strange choice of words and quite awkward for me. On the Man Scale. But, he was sincere, and he added more than once that he was supportive, so it was positive. I've said a few unusual things myself, so, meh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast