Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default With Christmas just around the corner..

http://www.cnn.com/2006/US/11/17/pla....ap/index.html man gets shot for standing up to thugs, others get robbed at gun point..
    What is this world coming to!

People are already selling or re-selling these items on ebay for as much as $14,999! Hell I dint pay that much for a new car!!
    http://video-games.listings.ebay.com...istingItemList
    I can understand people wanting some thing that no one else has yet, but at what price? Remember, this will only be worth $500 in a few months no mater what you paid for it today.
    Of course, they say Santa will deliver anywhere in the USA... She better have a nice rack if I pay that much for any thing

I'm not a gamer, so even at $50 it would not see my living room, but it surprises me how far people will go to take advantage of others.

HARTFORD, Connecticut
    (AP) -- Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new PlayStation 3 game system to go on sale early Friday and shot one man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.
    Well you have a small crowd waiting at 3 am with $500+ cash in pocket, what do you think is going to happen? This store only had 15 to 20 people, but there are stores that had 300 to 500 people waiting outside for 8 to 12 machines!

Talk about a holdup waiting to happen. 3 am, lots of cash, no one around to stop the thieves.. mainly kids out there with lots of cash and no brains.

Every one knows Christmas is a bad season to get hit in the supermarkets, first the prices are abnormally high, then the windows in your car get crushed in because you have a bag in the back seat that some one imagines he needs more then you do...

People say there should be tougher gun laws? Where are they or the police when this happens?
    Where is any one when this happens to our kids? I am pretty sure some of them kids made that money legally cutting grass or other things kids do to get money.
    You all want an Idea? Next time you see a rush sale going on, gather a small group and get out to protect people, You want to make a positive hit on the media. Show them people are willing to go protect others in shoping areas.
    It will get media attention I can assure you if 20 or 30 people go out for the night wearing NRA or PAFOA on them and say We are here to protect the innocent! We are tired of what we see on the news, and we want it to stop! I would love to see the store that says you can't carry after what we all saw on the news tonight. They would look awful foolish for taking action against any group that tries to protect their clients.

People talk about the actions taken in other states, making a group that open carries to get attention, how about making it a positive thing. Open carry with Identification to a group to get positive attention for gun owners.

Lets hear your feeback. Dan get them shirts ready! We might all need to be identified as protectors this Christmas.
    Last edited by Frenchy; November 18th, 2006 at 03:00 AM.
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Bucks County)

Default Re: With Christmas just around the corner..

Tis the season

http://www.themilwaukeechannel.com/v...676/index.html

Didn't really understand the rest of your post but I'll chalk it up to the hour of the morning. All I'll say is that I for one can't get enough of this kind of anarchy. Elsewhere in the world they are killing each other for scraps of food and we have gone crazy over a video game.

God Bless the USA!

Quote Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
    Tis the season

Didn't really understand the rest of your post but I'll chalk it up to the hour of the morning...
    must be old age, i turned 47 yesterday..
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood

(Luzerne County)

Exclamation Re: With Christmas just around the corner..

Its all how you look at things.
    and how you value money.

Many people spend tens of thousands on a full auto. Its a little different example because they are still going to be expensive in a few months, but at some point in the past somone didnt pay so much for those FA's and sold them for a boat load of money. I'd love to have a full auto but short of winning the lottery that is never going to happen. I live paycheck to paycheck (saving lives every day dosent pay so well) and i dont have 10 or 20 thousand pay for a single gun.

If i was lucky enough to have a PS3 and somone was willing to give me a few thousand for it because they have too much money for it to even matter. I'd sell it to them in a heart beat. I wouldnt feel the least bit bad about it.

Sorry, money is kind of a touchy subject for me right now and sometimes I just need to rant
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Bucks County)

I don't think the point is how much it costs - we all have hobbies that we spend way too much $$$ on - its the total lack of civility....over a F'in video game!

(Lebanon County)

In conjunction with the people-
    98% of Americans from my generation (16 - 19yr olds) are worthless, pretentious, trend following, self-sheltered, retards whom would wonder what moral conscience, and personal honor is. At least there's 2%.

Smile Happy B-day to Frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post

Well, let me wish you the best on your birthday!

Default Re: Happy B-day to Frenchy

Quote Originally Posted by TotalNewbie View Post
    Well, let me wish you the best on your birthday!
    Thank you for th eb=Day wish.

Most must of misunderstoon my intent, or chose to not see it.

in the news, we see people got shot, robbed at gun point, over these machines. There is a thread that talks about open carry in VA and how we should start a movement like that here to show people there is such a law..

My statement was, why not form groups that would go around shoping areas identified as gun owners who can legally carry to patrol the places so people dont get held up by hoodloms. The media would certainly pick up on it, and it would give a good immage to the owners.

I know its easyer to get 20 guys to walk into a restaurant and eat while open carrying, but this would serve a purpose.

ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Clint Eastwood

(Luzerne County)

E-bay now has several PS3's at $250,000
    one even has a bid on it

now thats a return on your investment
    $600 + 7 days =$250,000

those i think are BS
    but most are selling for about $3500 as of this morning. still not a bad money maker.

and of course the product being delivered a month before Christmas with only 40,000 units for the country is just by chance. Especially with Sony in a finincial slump. People getting mugged, shot and stabbed on every news program and newspaper is a hell of a lot of free advertising.
    The only easy day was yesterday
    Does anyone know the number for 9-1-1?

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Happy birthday, you young wipper-snapper.... I'll hit 48 at the end of the month!
    Bill USAF 1976 - 1986, NRA Endowment, USCCA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast