Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Verona Gun Safe

(Allegheny County)

Default Verona Gun Safe

Does anyone know about this shop - since Allegheny River Arsenal has closed, I noticed this shop, just down the street. They have a web page, which says they are opening sometime in August. Any info would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Verona Gun Safe

I'm the owner of the Verona Gun Safe. We just opened last week on August 30th and our web site has been updated with our current firearms inventory. Business hours are Sunday noon-5, Tuesday 9-5, and other times as listed on the website or by appointment if requested.

We are able (and willing!) to make special orders for anything we don't have in stock. We have a class III SOT and will soon be stocking suppressors. We also do internet, face-to-face, and NFA transfers. In addition to firearms we have a small supply of Spyderco knives and 4Sevens flashlights, as well as cases, holsters, cleaning kits, and steel targets.

(Allegheny County)

Thanks for the info. Congrats on the opening! I just checked out your website/inventory and am looking forward to visiting. In the mean time, best of luck!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by apcorn View Post
    I'm the owner of the Verona Gun Safe. We just opened last week on August 30th and our web site has been updated with our current firearms inventory. Business hours are Sunday noon-5, Tuesday 9-5, and other times as listed on the website or by appointment if requested.

We are able (and willing!) to make special orders for anything we don't have in stock. We have a class III SOT and will soon be stocking suppressors. We also do internet, face-to-face, and NFA transfers. In addition to firearms we have a small supply of Spyderco knives and 4Sevens flashlights, as well as cases, holsters, cleaning kits, and steel targets.
    Nice, I'll have to stop by and check the shop out.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

I have been waiting. What suppressor manufacturers do you guys sell? SilencerCo by chance?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I have been waiting. What suppressor manufacturers do you guys sell? SilencerCo by chance?
    We don't yet have any suppressors in stock, but I just placed an order with YHM for some .22 suppressors and a 9mm suppressor. We currently have dealer accounts with YHM, Gemtech, and SWR. I've been in contact with AAC but I can't deal with them directly, I have to go through a wholesaler. I have not contacted SilencerCo, but I will do so this afternoon.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by apcorn View Post
    We don't yet have any suppressors in stock, but I just placed an order with YHM for some .22 suppressors and a 9mm suppressor. We currently have dealer accounts with YHM, Gemtech, and SWR. I've been in contact with AAC but I can't deal with them directly, I have to go through a wholesaler. I have not contacted SilencerCo, but I will do so this afternoon.
    I can hook you up with an AAC wholesaler, just shoot me a pm.
    Today was a good day!

(Allegheny County)

Man, are you trying to keep this place a secret?

I recall you posting that you were looking for info on insurance and that was the last I heard anything.
    I happened to be going by the old Allegheny River Arsenal today and saw the "sign" on the window" (good move, BTW) so I actively LOOKED for the shop as I went down the street, and there it was.

I never even realized the store had opened.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Yep, I'm open. The store is very small and so is the storefront, so it's very easy to miss when driving by. We are planning to move to the bigger shop next door - we haven't run out of room for inventory, but we do sometimes run out of room for customers!

I'm not trying to keep the place a secret - in fact, I've messaged mods and an admin on here about advertising but I never get any reply. :'(

I do have some suppressors in stock and more on the way. I also have FDE Glock 19s arriving tomorrow.

(Allegheny County)

The new ones?
    Jeff Cooper was a huge supporter of gun games, when he was winning them at least...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast