Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Letter writing campaign

I wish to start a letter writing campaign to do away with the restrictions on NFA items. I am asking for assistance in writing up some letters to send to our politicians to get to work for us on this.

One of the things that bugs me is sending off for a tax stamp. In essence kissing their butts for permission to buy something. If I pass PICS I should be able to buy what I want.

Second You can get some suppressors relatively cheap. Then you are to pay a $200.00 tax on top of that plus state sales tax.

Third Do away with the law that prohibits the building of new full auto items for civilian use.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Default Re: Letter writing campaign

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    I wish to start a letter writing campaign...
    If you're really serious about this, you'd probably be happier moving to Somalia. There are no restrictions there.

You can get full-auto AK's there for $25 and fire them in your back yard. If your neighbors complain, kill them. Complete firearms freedom like we'll never have here, no matter how many letters you write. Sounds great, huh?
    Last edited by bluto; August 13th, 2011 at 07:54 AM.

(York County)

Wait...What??

You want to draw attention to the current crop of politicians that a "Tax" that has been in place since 1934 HASN'T been INCREASED!!??

Do you realy think the majority of Congress won't see that as an oppurtunity to rasie the governments' coffers by rasing it to $2000.00? In this current politcal climate? Really?
    Wouldn't you like to know what's in my safe.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Bowanna View Post
    Wait...What??

You want to draw attention to the current crop of politicians that a "Tax" that has been in place since 1934 HASN'T been INCREASED!!??

Do you realy think the majority of Congress won't see that as an opportunity to raise the government's coffers by raising it to $2000.00? In this current political climate? Really?

I would leave the actual NFA process alone, it's a revenue generator for the Gov't, it has been functioning as written since 1934 and it's controlled by Congress, but if you want to have the 86 MG ban repealed that would be ok.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Kramer View Post
    I would leave the actual NFA process alone, it's a revenue generator for the Gov't, it has been functioning as written since 1934 and it's controlled by Congress, but if you want to have the 86 MG ban repealed that would be ok.
    So lets pick what we want to accomplish.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Montgomery County)

The 86 MG ban needs to be repealed because of how it was passed in the first place.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6Mx2...layer_embedded

The bill passed with the MG Ban included in 1986.
    The law is still on the books today and consequently a $200 pre-86 registered MG such as a RDIAS sells for $10,000 today.

The Hughes amendment was introduced with 8 minutes left until the vote on the bill. A vote on the amendment was recorded and it was voted down.
    Charlie Wrangle "Deemed" it passes regardless. The other thing that was going on was the writer of the amendment kept objecting to the reading of his amendment four times while it was being read. Essentially making sure that nobody could hear the content of the amendment while it was read.

It is absolute BS that this was never caught as well as the fact that this type of law making is still going on today. Unfortunately, rectifying this would not be a very popular thing and the majority of legislators would write it off as a waste of time.
    The SCOTUS would never take of the case because it is a matter of Legislative procedure not Constitutional Law.

Backdoor Tyranny at it's finest.

(Lawrence County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    So lets pick what we want to accomplish.
    I've been saying it for years Norm, if I ever get a Glock, it's gonna be a G18... lol

-Chaz
    I like guns... And boobs...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ByblosHex View Post
    <snip>

Unfortunately, rectifying this would not be a very popular thing and the majority of legislators would write it off as a waste of time.

The SCOTUS would never take of the case because it is a matter of Legislative procedure not Constitutional Law.

Backdoor Tyranny at it's finest.
    Thus, could try yet more lawsuits but you'd need a bankroll the size of the NRA coffers to succeed.

That and the fact that in this day and age, they are still working to ban ordinary ARs, WASRs, and 11rd+ mags, let alone "giving us the right" to F1 our M1 carbines into M2s.

(Allegheny County)

Good idea, normanvin. Here is my take on the rationale to eliminate the restrictions on suppressors - at least for rifles:

POINT 1: In many civilized countries, suppressors are either not regulated or minimally regulated. In the UK they are virtually required from a public health perspective:

"Police forces (in the UK) usually approve applications for a suppressor for hunting and target shooters, as the risks of litigation for personal injury, especially high-tone deafness resulting from shooting-induced hearing loss, are significant; and noise pollution in general is a problem for shooting sports."

POINT 2: Eliminating the restrictions (regulatory and financial) on suppressors for rifles would create a nationwide surge in the design and manufacture of suppressors. Unlike the banks and the oil companies -- Washington's inaccurately named favorite 'job-creators' -- the small businesses that dominate the suppressor marketplace would know what to do with such an opportunity. They would immediately increase capacity, output and sales -- and hire some out-of-work people in the deal. A byproduct would be to put a few ATF bureaucrats on the streets.

Now, we just need a coalition of private sector Republican capitalists and the few health conscious, 2A-supporting Democrats to push the legislation. See, common ground can be found by those who are willing to look. Pro public health, pro economy, pro gun, anti-regulation, smaller government - something for everyone! Can world peace be far behind?

(Allegheny County)

There is also another state option available that 8 states so far have passed using the 10th approach to do part of what the OP wanted with the Firearm Freedom Act movement

Following in Montana'a Footprints? HB 752

http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...-hb-752-a.html

What is weird with NFA, is normally the Feds tell the states what they can or have to do.

Not so when it comes to the NFA world, suddenly the states have final say on if its Citizens can have with NFA stuff, including none at all.

The states can and do triumph the feds here with NFA, maybe the states have more authority than they know.

So there might be something here and maybe the Firearm Freedom Act movement is a way to force this into the light.
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast