Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Re: My wife amazed me...

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    My wife surprised me again this evening. We were talking about going to a movie on Saturday. The theater happens to be very close to where a gun show is taking place in Oaks, PA.

I suggested that I drop her off at a nearby Target for an hour or so while I go to the show and then we'd go to the movie. She said no she didn't want to do that. She then said she'd go to the show with me. *jaw drop*
    Your going to need a bigger gun safe.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Chester County)

Either that or she's making sure I don't buy anything. Not that I'm really looking for anything, I just want to go to the show.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Berks County)

Thats great! good for her
    "Now then, take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me" -Genesis 27:3

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    My wife surprised me again this evening. We were talking about going to a movie on Saturday. The theater happens to be very close to where a gun show is taking place in Oaks, PA.

I suggested that I drop her off at a nearby Target for an hour or so while I go to the show and then we'd go to the movie. She said no she didn't want to do that. She then said she'd go to the show with me. *jaw drop*
    Glad things are looking positive still. Did she get her LTCF? Gun shows are fun and there is so much stuff to look at. Maybe she will see something that she will like and possibly consider for herself or you. I finally got my LTCF last month and I happily carry ByblosHex's Glock 19 whenever I can. I am happy I got it even if I don't carry all the time. It's good to have since he has guns and if something ever happens I will be able to transport he guns legally if needed.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by AHenshaw View Post
    Glad things are looking positive still. Did she get her LTCF? Gun shows are fun and there is so much stuff to look at. Maybe she will see something that she will like and possibly consider for herself or you. I finally got my LTCF last month and I happily carry ByblosHex's Glock 19 whenever I can. I am happy I got it even if I don't carry all the time. It's good to have since he has guns and if something ever happens I will be able to transport he guns legally if needed.
    Yup she did. It arrived a week and a half after she applied. She's expressed no interest in shooting yet, but I keep hoping. Maybe she'll get the bug once she's at the show.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Chester County)

So my wife and I walked the aisles of the Oaks gun show today for about 2 hours. She handled quite a few pistols. CZ's, Kahrs, Bersas, Tauruses, etc... She decided she liked the grip, weight and feel of the Bersa Thunder .380 the best. We left the show and talked more about it.

After our lunch and movie headed to help with a volunteer thing. While she was out I went back down to the show. Now, I would have sworn that the flyer I had seen for the show said it ended at 7pm today. Well I was wrong. The show ended at 5pm.

I arrived back at the show at about 5:15pm. I was allowed to go back in and did find the dealer who had the pistol. We quickly did the paperwork and I was out the door in less than 10 minutes.

I'm going to tell her I didn't make it back down in time. She'll say it's ok and that we'll shop around for it. Little does she know that its already been cleaned, boxed, wrapped and placed under the Christmas tree.

Here's a teaser picture.

We only saw two of the all black finish ones at the show. There were alot of duo-tone ones but she didn't like them. She preferred all black. So...

Anyway... I don't know anyone who has this pistol for her to try out first. I'm not too worried though. I haven't read anything bad about them other than some of them need to be broken in a bit. That doesn't worry me.

I'm pleased and I hope she will be too.
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123