Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default My wife amazed me...

So the kids went to the local swimming pool to meet with their friends today. This freed up my wife and I this evening. So we hopped onto the motorcycle and headed to a favorite pizza shop for dinner.

During dinner my wife said she wanted to get her LTCF and asked what was involved. I was stunned. Really.... stunned.

Way back when in high school I met her while trying out for the rifle team. She's been around firearms throughout her childhood. But... after high school has expressed no interest in shooting or anything firearms related. In fact when I got back into shooting a few years ago she was rather anti-gun. I think because of the kids. She was always afraid one of them would try to play with the guns.

Over the years I've acquired several guns. I love to take the kids shooting. I've asked her if she'd like to join us many times and always she said no. I don't think she knows how many guns I have (4 pistols and 3 rifles). I sort of assumed from her past anti-gun comments that me having more guns than a couple of .22s would be a huge argument. Now I'm not so sure.

If she ever asks how many I have I will tell her the truth and show her.

Our kids love to shoot the higher caliber guns. My son's favorite is the 6" Taurus Judge and my daughter likes anything with recoil. She likes to shoot my Marlin 336 in 30-30. Anyway...

About an hour ago I printed out the LTCF application and next Friday she's going to go apply. I'm happy that she's changed her mind. She said it was mostly in case she ever needed to transport the guns, but I really think she's toying with the idea of carrying.

So... there it is...
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: My wife amazed me...

Awesome!! It's always great to add one more ally, especially when they live with you
    The 2nd amendment is the RESET BUTTON on the constitution.
    Faith, Fun, and Firearms.
    Grace Life Church member

(York County)

Sounds like trips to the range might become a family event one day.

I'm pretty sure my wife would have never touched a gun on her own. However, since her introduction to range-shooting, especially with rifles, she is really into it. Like your daughter, she really likes the rifles with more recoil. She often says things like, "Oh, yeah, now I know I'm shooting a gun!"

She's given up on the .22 and even the M4. She only wants to shoot the Mosin.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Luzerne County)

Stories like this always seems to surprise me. Why?

Because my wife has always had an interest in my hobbies. When I collected funny books, she would go with me to the shops. Spend time with m putting the books into the plastic envelopes with backer boards "incredibly boring stuff". But she would never rad or even look at the books.

When I look for cd's she will find stuff and ask if I already had this one or that one. Hr taste in music is different then mine.

With guns. She will go to the shop with me every week. She pays for every single gun that is in my safe. I will point guns out to her that will fit her hand nicely, or is just plain better then her carry gun. But she is not interested. She is happy with the one she has.

When I go to the range she will go with me and spend hours watching me shoot. And spend little time shooting her self.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Lackawanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Sounds like trips to the range might become a family event one day.

I'm pretty sure my wife would have never touched a gun on her own. However, since her introduction to range-shooting, especially with rifles, she is really into it. Like your daughter, she really likes the rifles with more recoil. She often says things like, "Oh, yeah, now I know I'm shooting a gun!"

She's given up on the .22 and even the M4. She only wants to shoot the Mosin.
    So,she is a recoil junkie,well then, a S&W500 should scratch that itch real good.
    Government 99 and 44/100 % pure bullshit.

(Bucks County)

Awesome man, Ive been taking my girlfriend to the range a lot...When i first started to carry she was very hesitant of it...Never Anti-gun or carry, just a little uneasy i guess (she didnt realize the fact that stuff can happen anywhere, anytime, etc)

Well she has now said she wants her LTCF, and I told her that I have no problem paying for this...

She does not want to carry at first, but said she wants to be able to handle a situation where i may be unable to draw my firearm where her life was still threatened, she would have at least the legal chance to draw and defend herself...

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post

About an hour ago I printed out the LTCF application and next Friday she's going to go apply. I'm happy that she's changed her mind. She said it was mostly in case she ever needed to transport the guns, but I really think she's toying with the idea of carrying.

So... there it is...

"transporting"... "carrying".... all the same, Hahaha.

Great news for you and I wish you more good luck with your wife switching over from the "dark-side" to the GOOD-side.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Montgomery County)

Glad your wife has decided to get a LTCF. I grew up around guns as a kid but once I moved with my grandmother in 1998 I became very anti-gun. She hated and still hates guns. I always saw on the news about shootings and thought guns were evil. At age 15 I went through a really bad experience with a scary black gun that was held to my face by my then boyfriend and his friends. After that I became terrified of guns. So when I met with ByblosHex and he had his gun I was so scared. But I didn't feel unsafe around him. I knew if I dated him he came with a gun.. Even though I was scared of it I still gave him a chance. He spent time telling me about guns and laws. He took me to Classic Pistol to let me shoot his Glock and I was terrified when he shot it. Then he told what to do and how to shoot it and I was shaking so bad I didn't think I was gonna be able to do it. I even had tears in my eyes. After shooting it a few times I was less scared of it and less nervous. The more and more I learn about them the more I like them and the less scared I am. Now I can't wait to get me LTCF and my own collection. Learning about guns and how they work and shooting them has made me come around and like them and enjoy shooting.

I think if you get your wife to go to the range with you and let her test out some guns she will like them and want to carry her own. The more you know the more you like.

(Chester County)

Well... She applied for it today. I'm still somewhat stunned... but in a good way.
    Μολὼν λάβε

(Allegheny County)

Thumbs up Re: My wife amazed me...

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    Stories like this always seems to surprise me. Why?

Because my wife has always had an interest in my hobbies. When I collected funny books, she would go with me to the shops. Spend time with m putting the books into the plastic envelopes with backer boards "incredibly boring stuff". But she would never rad or even look at the books.

When I look for cd's she will find stuff and ask if I already had this one or that one. Hr taste in music is different then mine.

With guns. She will go to the shop with me every week. She pays for every single gun that is in my safe. I will point guns out to her that will fit her hand nicely, or is just plain better then her carry gun. But she is not interested. She is happy with the one she has.

When I go to the range she will go with me and spend hours watching me shoot. And spend little time shooting her self.
    I JUST repped you so that's out, but at least I can note - you married WELL...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast