Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: My wife amazed me...

I can relate to your enthusiasm.
    My wife wants her ltcf and already owns a gun I bought her over a year ago.
    I guess its been procrastination, but since joining a few gun forums & groups she's now ready, & I'm so happy. I want her always safe, our neighbourhood has become very bad over the years. Once i know she's always armed I can feel better when she's on her own.

Big big celebration!

(Montgomery County)

I wont a wife that will buy me guns.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PisnNapalm View Post
    Well... She applied for it today. I'm still somewhat stunned... but in a good way.
    I think it is great that your wife has followed through with getting an LTCF and that you are supporting her. My husband didn't force me to get one but took me to the range. I was very afraid of the loud anything and really didn't think I was EVER going to do it again, even though I have been around firearms my whole life through my family. But I started small with .22lr and through the patience and support of my husband, soberbyker, I am an avid shooter of just about anything. I own 3 shotguns, a .22lr, a XD9, a Derringer and love spending time with my husband at the hunting and fishing club we now belong to. I am also a range officer on the table trap range and have my LTCF.

SO...give your wife all the support and encouragement, and you will have a friend, lover, wife and shooting partner all wrapped up into one. I have never enjoyed life as much as I do now.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieBmine View Post
    I think it is great that your wife has followed through with getting an LTCF and that you are supporting her. My husband didn't force me to get one but took me to the range. I was very afraid of the loud anything and really didn't think I was EVER going to do it again, even though I have been around firearms my whole life through my family. But I started small with .22lr and through the patience and support of my husband, soberbyker, I am an avid shooter of just about anything. I own 3 shotguns, a .22lr, a XD9, a Derringer and love spending time with my husband at the hunting and fishing club we now belong to. I am also a range officer on the table trap range and have my LTCF.

SO...give your wife all the support and encouragement, and you will have a friend, lover, wife and shooting partner all wrapped up into one. I have never enjoyed life as much as I do now.

My wife did the same thing about a month ago. Although, she's always had the 357 under the bed, she now wants a LTCF. In fact, the chief has been sitting on the app since the 9th, but that's another story. Vacation, blah, blah, blah..

Anyway, NEVER tell her how many guns you have (they all look the same to her). And for God's sake, read my signature!!!

"Honey, when I die, sell my guns for what they're worth and not what I told you I paid for them."
    Last edited by joseywales; August 25th, 2011 at 10:37 AM.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by joseywales View Post
    Anyway, NEVER tell her how many guns you have (they all look the same to her). "
    Yeah, I think I better adopt that strategy - I get the feeling my wife won't appreciate the next purchase. Also, Santa might put an M&P 15-22 under the tree this year "for the kids"... took the kids to an indoor range recently and rented a 15-22. First time my daughter ever fired a gun. Scared to fire it the first few times she held it, but after she got a few shots off, she didn't want to put it down. She ended up shooting four 25-round mags!

I don't mean to complain about my wife. She's happy to see me starting to shoot IDPA, and she recently encouraged me to spend $$ for Randy Cain's excellent 3-day tactical handgun class with the FIRE Institute... it seems she wants a good gunfighter in the house!

(Northampton County)

I got a call while working yesterday that my wife had just gotten back from the courthouse. She had applied for her LTCF. She wants to be able to "transport" for me if needed...... I think she'll be shooting my SW9VE soon.

Explain to her that she needs to take a class or two in safety. Once she takes them, she'll choose to get good at self-defense. Even though she's been around firearms, I guarantee she's fearful of an accidental discharge. I have never met a non-shooting woman yet who hasn't been brainwashed into thing that all guns 'go off' by themselves.

Anyway, she'll gain the knowledge & confidence she needs with training.
    Help us restore election integrity in PA. Join PA Voters United

(Westmoreland County)

Nice when someone sees the light.

(Chester County)

My wife surprised me again this evening. We were talking about going to a movie on Saturday. The theater happens to be very close to where a gun show is taking place in Oaks, PA.

I suggested that I drop her off at a nearby Target for an hour or so while I go to the show and then we'd go to the movie. She said no she didn't want to do that. She then said she'd go to the show with me. *jaw drop*
    Μολὼν λάβε

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast