Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Almost time...

Default Almost time...

I live in Northwestern PA. I stepped outside today at 5:45 AM or so, angry that I had to leave so early for work. As I was getting into my vehicle, it hit me. It was a combination of the no humidity crisp air...and well...that smell. Only those of us who love it will know what I mean. I had a vision of dried leaves swirling in the driveway and got a big ol' grin on my face. It seems weird now that I am typing in a pair of shorts with the air conditioner running in the background, but that little taste got me going. Combine that with NFL football and I am about to head out to the garage and start checking gear.....It will be here before we know it.
    Jules

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Almost time...

Good post, and while it is almost time for the Small and the Big Parties we can roam this wonderful state. We can roam for the lush views and the panoramic settings, the history of our great nation, the cultures and values of our ancestors. An I'm sure there is more to add as we each give witness.

Best regards,
    chalmitch
    "If you believe the term "militia" means the National Guard then you must believe that freedom of speech is reserved for the Government Printing Office." - Some guy, 2/2007

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    I live in Northwestern PA. I stepped outside today at 5:45 AM or so, angry that I had to leave so early for work. As I was getting into my vehicle, it hit me. It was a combination of the no humidity crisp air...and well...that smell. Only those of us who love it will know what I mean. I had a vision of dried leaves swirling in the driveway and got a big ol' grin on my face. It seems weird now that I am typing in a pair of shorts with the air conditioner running in the background, but that little taste got me going. Combine that with NFL football and I am about to head out to the garage and start checking gear.....It will be here before we know it.
    Jules

Yes I smelled "that smell" the other day I also was just thinking about the smell it is hard to imagine the smell when it is so hot out.
    Last edited by A-5; August 14th, 2011 at 09:55 AM.

I woke up to it yesterday morning camping in the ANF, I was actually cold! I live for this time of year. Breakfast over a fire, no noise polution...well, until the kids got up, then it was "Dad can we shoot the BB gun, huh dad, can we dad, dad, can we, dad, dad, dad..."

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    I woke up to it yesterday morning camping in the ANF, I was actually cold! I live for this time of year. Breakfast over a fire, no noise polution...well, until the kids got up, then it was "Dad can we shoot the BB gun, huh dad, can we dad, dad, can we, dad, dad, dad..."

I was in Clear Creek State Park yesterday and this morning! By the way, you know anyone who wants a brand new slug gun? Chattauqua County is NOW A RILE HUNTING AREA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Jules

I love fishing that section of the Clarion from Clear creek down to Cooksburg. Hop in a kyak and make it a day. I was at Hearts content / Minister valley for just a get away overnighter. Made reservations today for a trip to Benezette in October, hopefully the elk will be bugling by then. We're gonna steal in in-laws new camper for that one.