Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Allegheny County)

Default Tips on how to improve accuracy?

Hey everyone, just got back from the range today. Took out my browning a bolt in .270 to the 100 yard range. Fired a few rounds to see if it was still zeroed. Well i went downrange to see the results and was amazed, 3 shot group in about 3" spread. I was using a different brand of ammo than i usually use, which i think may be large part of the problem. I was using sand bags so i had a pretty solid rest, also had good form when holding the rifle. What are some techniques i can use to help get sib MOA groups like browning says this rifle is capable of? Also optics were a Nikon Buckmaster 3-9x40 mounted on leupold rings and mount (which are rock solid still), Also rifle is equipped with the BOSS system. I know i can try to reload for the gun but i have no equipment to do so.
    Dont Forget To Give Me Some Good Rep! Thanks!

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Tips on how to improve accuracy?

Make sure the bags are as far back as possible so that just in case the stock bends it up it wont be pushing against the barrel.

Try some different ammo if you don't reload. See what Browning used to get the accuracy that they claimed.

I cant see anything wrong with the equipment that you have.. ..all are fine brands.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: Tips on how to improve accuracy?

Unfortunately to achieve the best possible accuracy from your rifle you have to either reload or find factory ammo it likes. That rifle, from what I read, definitely has the capability of sub-MOA groups.

A little story: I reload for my bench rifle in .223 and it will shoot 1/2 MOA groups when I do my part. I had bought some cheap Fiocchi 223 at a show and had no use for them, so I decide to try them out in my rifle for fun and to see what the difference might be. The best I could do was a 3 MOA group.
    Toujours prêt